Chapter 4

As soon as I'd gotten inside I was terribly confused. The kiss on the cheek was strange. Strange because a grown man in his twenties had done it. I'd always thought that men like that would just go for what they wanted, but what did he want? It could just been a kind gesture thanking me for the evening, but it didn't feel like it. It felt as if it meant more.

I sullenly walked to my room ignoring my mother's scolding questions about where I was and whatnot. The only answer I'd given her was that I was with a friend and had forgotten to call. Although she was upset she let me walk away free of charges which I was grateful for.

As I paced my room back and forth I decided to ask Stacey on the matter. Of course it was foolish for me to jump to conclusions like this, but could you blame me? The most gorgeous specimen I'd ever laid eyes on had just given me a kiss. A perfectly illegal kiss too with my being 17.

I stood still chewing on a finger nail nervously as I listened to ringing. Not once, not twice, but until I received the voicemail. I rolled my eyes angrily telling her I was sorry for how I'd reacted earlier, and for her to call me as soon as possibly. It was of course an emergency.

What little sleep I had last night was not kind to me. I woke up several times with strange dreams of the God telling me he wanted me, but I pushed it off as my subconscious telling me what it wanted. Well, what I wanted.

I laid there groggily trying to have just a moments more sleep while trying to deny that fact that I was cold. Somehow I'd manage to throw my covers, and pillow into the floor.

I groaned as my fingertips brushed past the familiar softness. "Hey, get up." A voice stated from the door way. I peeled an eye open to see Stacey grinning at me from where she was standing.

"No thanks I'm fine where I am." I stated as I pulled the cover back over me, and rolled over so I wasn't facing her anymore. However as persistent as she was she walked over and ripped them from my grasp once again.

"How you even get in here?" I moaned as I rolled over facing her once again.

She giggled as she stated, "You know your mom let me in. Now get dressed we're going to the mall." I was tempted to protest even more, but by now I was wide awake.

I walked over towards my dresser peeling off my pajamas. She took the liberty of putting on some of my lip gloss in the mirror. I tugged on a pair of old faded jeans, and a t-shirt. It wasn't the prettiest outfit, but it'd have to do.

"You know your moms pretty upset. What you two argue about?" Stacey asked innocently not caring to glance in my direction. She seemed to be too focused on the matter of applying lip gloss.

I felt a boatload of guilt hit me hard. Whenever me and my mother fought I always felt bad. She only wanted to do what was best for me, and obviously my not telling her where I was going made her upset. "I'll tell you later on." I said guiltily.

After brushing my teeth, and combing my hair I made my way down towards the living room. My mother was sitting on the couch watching some game show which didn't look interesting. Stacey followed close behind not saying a word.

I thought it'd be better to speak to her alone, so I asked Stacey, "Would you mind going and starting the car?" I handed her my keys, and she complied. It seemed as though she already knew my intentions.

"Mom." I stated interrupting the sounds of cheering over the TV. She looked to me sadly, and back at the screen. She was acting so stubborn as to give me the silent treatment. After all it wasn't like I doing drugs or having sex.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for last night. You know I didn't mean anything by it." My face held a begging expression. Begging her to understand that I wasn't a child, and could make decisions for myself every once in a while.

"I forgive you, but if you want to go somewhere just let me know." She smiled sadly towards me, and stood so she could give me a hug. I squeezed her back feeling rather comfortable in the embrace.

I told her about mine, and Stacey's plan for the mall. She only smiled, and told me to have fun. I felt content that she was no longer upset with me and headed towards the car. Stacey was sitting the there trying and failing to sing a rap song.

I lightly laughed at her and began driving towards the local mall. Once we had arrived we made our way towards the food court. I was starving considering it was almost 1pm, and I hadn't eating anything.

After ordering, and taking a seat my thoughts suddenly flickered back to Mr. Franco. The way he looked, and smelt. How he called me his girlfriend, and how he kissed my cheek. It made me feel nauseous, and my food now looked unappetizing.

"Okay spill the beans." Stacey stated suddenly after taking a sip of her drink. I was contemplating on whether or not I should tell her. Of course she was my best friend, but could I trust with such a big secret? That I didn't know. After all it was probably nothing anyways.

"Mr. Franco took me out to dinner and a movie." I shrugged pushing around my teriyaki chicken on my plate. Telling her was a mistake, and deep down I knew that. However I couldn't not tell her, so I guess I'd just have to leave out the details. Especially the kiss. It must've been nothing anyways, it had to be.

"Wait like a date?" She proclaimed loudly and luckily no one was there to hear. There was a twinge of something in her eyes that was child like, and hopeful. Almost as if her suspicions earlier were correct.

"No not really. It was more of a friend hanging out with a friend type thing." I lied through my teeth.

Her eyes seemed to die down a little, and I almost felt bad. If I'd told her about how he claimed me, and kissed my cheek she probably would've passed out. Out of happiness I mean. Stacey was into forbidden romance, and such nonsense. However it seemed as if that nonsense was becoming my reality.

The rest of our meal was rather quite. My best friend seemed to be deep in thought, but I didn't pay any mind to that. My thoughts were over flowing with Mr. Franco, and his perfectness. I found myself grinning like a child while trying to consume at least half of my food.

"I can't eat anymore." I confessed with a shrug. "Let's go look around some stores." I smiled to Stacey who smiled back.

Shopping really wasn't my thing, but it was Stacey's. My offering was only to lighten the mood. It worked out brilliantly, and she was once again happily chatting to me about clothing.

We'd made our way to at least 9 different stores when she suddenly stated, "We have got to look at some new bras and panties for you." She rolled her eyes as if her statement was obvious.

I scrunched up my nose as she said bras, and panties. I myself prefer the word undergarments especially when in public. Stacey giggled at my expression considering that she knew how I felt. However she didn't say anything as she pulled me off towards a different store.

We were looking around at different types of undergarments. It were as if she were a teacher giving me a lesson. She was informing me about what was in style, and comfortable. Although she's like my sister I felt awkward doing this with her.

I was almost ready to give up when my eyes fell upon a black lace bra with matching panties. I reached out for them, and raised them to my body awkwardly. "These wouldn't be too bad I guess." I mumbled quietly.

Stacey's eyes flickered to mine, and she squealed. "Yes! That would look so hot on you! Even Mr. Franco would like it." She squealed in excitement and winked in my direction. I rolled my eyes in a failed attempt to keep my cool, and I could feel my cheeks heating up.

I mumbled, "Yeah right." I was just about to put it back, but Stacey seemed to know my intentions stopping me. Claiming that I needed to get them just in case. Of course she was referring to Mr. Franco, but I didn't really want to think about him.

Without further delay she practically dragged me to the counter, and forced me to buy it. She was mumbling something about how it was for my own good.

As I stood there waiting for my purchase my thoughts went back to Dave. It was obvious the reason why Stacey wanted me to buy it, but the thought of him seeing it was an outrageous idea. A beautiful, outrageous idea.

My teachers are beginning to pile homework on me which is honestly terrible. I'm striving for Friday or Saturday for the next update, but If not it should be Wednesday. Vote and Comment! 9/6/16 -Haley (Rewritten 10/8/16)