Chapter 9

Stacey stood there grinning from ear to ear. She wore a pink sweater that complimented her delicate features. Along with jeans, and a pair of black boots.

My best friend looked pretty good, but the overwhelming truth was hanging over my head. Dave, my gorgeous and completely off limits teacher, would be here any minute. I didn't have time to deal with this! I needed to make her leave as soon as possible. But how?

"Are you good girl? You're looking a little pale." She noted from underneath her long dark lashes.

"Uh, um, yeah, I'm okay." I lied through my stutter. "What are you doing here?"

She giggled a little and shook her head. "I didn't know I needed to ask to come over. I am your best friend." With that being she pushed past me easily, and made her way towards the couch.

Typical Stacey I thought with an eye roll. She just had to pull the best friend card. A useful but irritating argument method.

She took a seat and grabbed the remote flicking through the channels until some ghost series popped up. "Omg that guy is so hot!" She moaned from the couch.

I hummed in agreement, and sat beside her. What was I going to do? She needed to leave, and I knew that. Yet how could I get her away from here without making her suspicious.

"So what do you want to do tonight?" She asked eyes still locked on the screen. "I was thinking about going to the mall or something." She shrugged still not bothering to glance in my direction.

Yes, I thought thankfully. I could just leave Dave a note on the door! Then I could drop her off at her house afterwards, and everything would be fine.

"Yes, let's go." I pulled her off the couch and practically pushed her out of the door.

"Go wait in the car. I need to grab my purse." I watched her long enough to catch a smile and see the car door open. I raced up to my room and grabbed my phone, and purse. Along with a piece of paper and a pen. I wrote: Went shopping with Stacey, be back soon.

I made certain I didn't leave anything suspicious like a heart or mentioning the name Dave. After tapping the paper to the door I made sure not to lock the door. How else would he get in? Besides, he should be here any minute.

We stayed at the mall for about 3 hours. Three long hours of looking at pointless items. Mostly clothes, but there were other things like posters and jewelry.

Stacey was adamant on finding what was considered hot for the party. She finally found peace with a frilly white crop top and jeans. She'd insisted the same with me, but different colors. I wouldn't budge though.

A t-shirt and jeans was all I needed for the night. Besides, I was only there to drive her home afterwards.

It was a little after 6 by the time I'd gotten home. I was completely exhausted and terribly hungry. Between all the shopping and trying on clothes we'd neglected to eat something. I was anxious to head inside and make some food, and to see Mr. Franco.

I made my way up the steps and towards the door. To my surprise my note was gone, and a different one replaced it. It read: Went out for some food, I'll be back around 7:30. I smiled to myself and went into the living room.

Everything stood untouched. Not to my surprise, but I'd almost wished Dave had left something. Just to show that he had been here. That he really was staying with me.

I decided to take a shower to waste time, and it could give me a chance to shave and change into my undergarments. I placed my purse on my bed along with my phone, and stripped of my clothing.

I scrubbed and washed every square inch of my body, and soon I was done. Still dripping with water I combed all of the knots out of my hair. It was painful, but definitely worth it.

Groaning to myself I had a sudden realization. Stupid me hadn't even decided what I would wear for tonight! Of course my undergarments were already chosen thanks to Stacey, but would I wear pajamas in front of him?

I rolled my eyes, and shook off the sudden churn of anxiety in my stomach. This was no big deal. I had plenty of cute pajamas to chose from! Well. . . If you count plaid sweatpants that is.

With my towel wrapped around me I walked out of the bathroom. Before I could even comprehend what was going on a scream ripped itself from my throat. There, on my bed, was a large man dressed in black. And it sure as hell wasn't Dave.

Chapter 9! Sorry not sorry, I love cliff hangers. Vote and comment! 12/4/16
-Haley