Chapter 10

The stranger laying on my bed eyed me with amusement. He didn't even seem startled by my out burst in the slightest bit.

His hair was a dirty blonde along with a short, but becoming beard. Black seemed to be the only color that suited him by the way it covered him head to toe. He had a muscular build to him, and this only made him more intimidating.

However this wasn't going to turn into one of those terrible cheap porn videos. This man was about to get the fight of his life if he even thought about touching me.

With my adrenaline pumping I grabbed the item closest to me. An item which so happened to be a hair straightener.

Yet I neglected to notice that while I was making the grab the intruder had removed himself from me bed and begun walking towards me. My only thought was hell no as I hurled to item towards his head. He ducked just in time to miss a collision.

I swore under my breath and decided that conversation might be a better approach. "Get. Out." I order shakily still clenching my towel around my soaked body.

"Oh, is that that any way to speak to your new lover." He chuckled deeply, and continued his mission towards me. I had no clue what to do. Running wasn't an option, and I was fresh out of things to throw.

"Get the hell out of my house." I order with a death glare strong enough to kill thousands easily. He sighed with a slight smile as he continued towards me. Instinctively I backed up, and soon my back was against the bathroom. We were inches apart.

I looked up at him with a glare, but much more fearful than before. "Man, Dave really knows how to pick them." He allowed his eyes to glance down my practically naked body with a small grin.

"What do you want?" I meant for my voice to strong and demanding, but it was feeble.

"Just let Dave know that he hasn't paid his dues yet." I arched my brow with a confused expression, but he only smiled. "That's a story for Dave to tell." As swiftly as he was on me he was strolling towards the door. He'd finished his mission, and that was for me to tell Dave what he'd said.

Just as soon as I thought I could breathe again he stopped in his tracks in my doorway. He didn't turn around, but instead turned his head to the side slightly, "I almost forgot. I'll be looking forward to seeing you Friday." Then he left.

I made sure of it by following him. Terrifyingly, there in my driveway was one of the black cars that had been parked in my school parking lot. He even had the nerve to wave as he drove off.

What did he mean by Friday? Surely he wouldn't attempt to come to my school again. That would be far too risky. Especially with the principal on the look out for any of their suspicious activity.

I felt shook, but decided it best to get dressed. This was utterly and completely Dave's fault. Yet I couldn't hate him for it. Whatever he had done in his past, had followed him here. The worst part is now that that man who had broken into my home knows who I am, and where I live. Dave is slowly dragging me along with him.

I combed my hair, and put on my clothes including the undergarments. However I knew nothing of the sort could happen tonight. I didn't want it to. I didn't know the man of whom I had an infatuation with. He was hiding something terrible, and I needed to find out what.

Soon after I'd finished getting ready I chose to sit on the couch and wait for him. I'd hoped that a little TV would help calm my nerves, but it only made me anticipate his arrival even more. How was I supposed to break the news that a stranger had been in my home waiting for him?

I sighed and lied down on the couch clutching a soft grey blanket to me. All I needed was Dave to get here. Then everything would be okay, it had to be. We could figure everything out, and I wouldn't be left in the dark waiting for the worst.

A soft knock on the door was all I needed to start panicking. Was it Dave? Probably, but the thought of that stranger breaking back into my house again was terrifying.

Hell, that man was terrifying. The way he looked at me was practically eye rape. It was enough to send shivers of disgust over my body.

Despite my fears I flung myself towards the door, and into Dave's arms. It was rather difficult with the fact that he was carrying Chinese food, and a black bag but he somehow managed.

He chuckled as he held me in his arms, "Well, looks like someone excited to see me."

I tried to laugh with him, but instead of a cute giggle a wheezing sound came out. It was very embarrassing, but I didn't care.

Slowly tears began to flow, and every last detail began to slip from my lips. Of course it wasn't exactly audible since I was sobbing, but it was the best I could do considering.

"Lila? What's wrong?" He spoke with such compassion as I was unwillingly pried from him.

I pulled myself together enough to say one sentence. That one sentence would change mine, and Dave's world entirely. "There was a man here, and he wanted me to give you a message."

Chapter 10! Vote and Comment! For the rest of break I intend on fixing and rewriting the last couple of chapters. You can expect the next chapter as early January. Merry Christmas! 12/25/16
-Haley