Chapter 17

My breathing was soft and came out in labored breaths. I was rather content in position I was laying in: on my stomach. My head was engulfed in my pillow and I used my hand to push away a couple loose strands of hair that stuck to my face in clammy clumps.

I inhaled deeply, and stretched my arms out. The familiar sound of my box fan hummed in the corner. Instantly, I recognized that I was in my room. My clothes were clinging to my body, and I was somewhat sweaty. It must've been in the middle of the night, it was pitch black. I leaned over and clicked my bed side lamp on.

Glancing around the room, everything was in place. I was rather calm, but I felt a tad bit woozy, and I couldn't recall why. That when it all came rushing back: the party, the drinks, and Damien. I sat straight up and inhaled deeply as if I'd just awoke from a bad dream.

How had I gotten in my own bed?

As if to answer my own question I noticed something, there was someone in my room. Sitting rather peacefully on the other side of my bed. Not saying a word as to explaining why he was there, he just sat observing me.

Although he shouldn't have been in my home, I must admit I was somewhat relieved to see Dave.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned rather sleepily. I needed another nap.

"What am I doing here?" He faked a laugh and shook his head with concerned eyes. Dave stood from his chair, and began to pace back and forth at the foot of my bed.

"You passed out drunk in my arms. Stumbling out of the car of a very dangerous man late at night. Did you even think about what you were doing?" He furrowed his eyebrows at me in disapproval.

Before I could mutter an excuse he continued. "Do you even know what kind of paranoia I had to endure for hours?" He grabbed his head and took a seat a couple feet away from me obviously stressed.

I felt so terrible for all of this. Dave shouldn't be worrying about me in the first place, but this only confirmed one thing: he still cared about me. Maybe there was still hope for us after all.

I shouldn't have gotten so drunk, and I should've left as soon as I saw Damien. There was a demanding ache in my chest as I began to crawl over to where Dave sat. "I'm sorry." I mumbled as I wrapped my arms around him from behind. My head rested on his hard back and I sighed to myself. How could I have let things get so out of hand?

Dave shifted a little in my grasp as he reached down into his pocket. Peering over his shoulder I saw what he was looking at: a cell phone. "What is that?" I asked seeing a picture on the screen.

He didn't say a word, but thought it better to show me. "I-Is that me?" I stuttered feeling somewhat speechless.

However there was no need for the question. It was a picture of me, clearly intoxicated with Damien's arm around slung around me. "That bastard sent this to me, along with a long long list of what he wanted to do to you." He stated in a disgusted tone.

"He didn't touch me." I assured pulling him closer, but he pushed me off.

He stood, and turned to me obviously angry. "You don't even fucking know that. Can you even remember what happened last night?" He was yelling now. Loud and scolding, but I could still detect some fear underneath his words.

"I know he didn't touch me Dave. I can remember most of what happened."

He stopped abruptly and turned towards me. Dave, in his dark t-shirt and jeans, lurched forward. Before I could even make out what was happening, his rough hands were on the side of my face and his lips were on mine.

I surprised moan escaped my lips, but I didn't fight him. In fact in this moment there was nothing I wanted more than to kiss him. It was a feeling I had missed.

Soon his body was hovering over mine as I was laid down on the bed. His lips moved in sync with mine, and he took a moment to pause and look me in my eye. "If I ever catch that dickhead so much as look at you again I'll fucking kill him." He promised, and as his lips met mine again I knew, Dave was the one for me.

My delicate fingers entwined in hair pulling him closer, making a more passionate kiss. His kisses began to trail down my neck where he began to lightly suck and nibble. His hands quickly found my derrière, and I knew things were escalating quickly.

That's when I heard something terrifying. Although Dave lips were on mine I could make out heavy footsteps slowly becoming louder. My heart was thumping in my chest as I attempted to push him off. Dave wouldn't budge.

I moved my head the best I could until my lips were freed, "Dave someone is coming." I frantically whispered trying to get his body off of mine.

That's when the door slowly opened. I couldn't have been more shocked at who's familiar figure was lingering in the doorway.

"Oh shit." Dave muttered, and I knew I had a lot of explaining to do.

Chapter 17! PLEASE READ: I must admit I have had terrible writers block lately. I've been thinking about ways to make this story more interesting, and I want suggests on certain scenes you all would like to see between Dave and Lila. Whether it's more school scenes, or more dates. I'm taking all suggestions. Vote and comment!! 7/24/17 -Haley