the visitor

You return home tired, "hey mom im home". She comes speeding into the living room where you stand, "hey sweetie how did it go" she asks excited. "Good mom they didn't have the rest of the 2000s series tho" you say sadly. "Ohh that sucks darling.... But I know what will cheer you up" she says with the biggest grin on her face. "What is it mom" you say slightly excited, usually when she says something exciting she means something totally not exciting which usually leads to boredom. She quickly drags a case over to your feet, "what's this mom" you ask confused. She replies "I don't know it arrived soon after you left its addressed to you" she says with overwhelming excitement , your mom has always been more of the surprise person Even when the surprise is not for her.

You open the case, you gasp and stare in surprise. You know this dummy from somewhere, your mind clicks "OMG it's Slappy". Your mom claps in excitement "I guess someone heard about your obsession with that doll and sent it to you". "He's not a doll mom he's a dummy, ventriloquist dummy to be exact" you grin while thinking "who has enough money to buy the prop from the actual tv show you think, maybe auntie (f/m)[family member], or grandpa (f/m), or.... You stop in thought and look down at a letter that's held in slappys left hand.

You pick it up, it reads:(can you guess who)

to: (f/n). november 08 2012

hello baby girl. i wont be able to make it to your birthday party, i got in a little accident with the car. i decided to send you your birthday gift instead. i know how much you love the goosebumps collection series. And just my luck this guy came up to me with the original dummy, he just gave it to me, he said he knew you. Whats the probability of that happening. Well anyway, love you baby girl.

love your one and only,

uncle (f/m)

(end of letter)

How amazing you say to yourself, but yet so sad, your uncle wont be able to make it to your party, how will you thank him you think to yourself, ill write a letter back to him. it probobly wont reach him for a week due to how far away he is and how long this took to get to me, you think to yourself.