Ghost In The Graveyard

a/n: lOl, haven't updated in a while but here's this,, ily,, and it's kinda shitty. I'm sorry.

×××

"Frankie."

I looked over from the current cartoon to see my mom at the door.

I raised an eyebrow at her, she couldn't be going out. Not this late. She could get kidnapped, right? I don't want my mom to leave.

"I'm only going down the hill, alright? You have Gerard here to keep you company," she said, smiling widely.

I nodded, relieved, and looked back at my friend sitting on the couch, eyeing the current cartoon on the t.v.

He looked like he was about to fall asleep! I heard my mom leave, and I jumped up from the carpet, pulling on Gee's sleeves.

"What is it?" He asking, seeming slightly worried, but his eyes were red and he looked almost annoyed.

"You looked like you were about to fall asleep, and I don't want you to."

"But it's boring at your house," he mumbled, looking away.

"Is not!"

"Don't start a fight, Frankie," He said, glaring back at the door cautiously.

"I'm not, Gee, I was just saying that it's not boring here."

Gerard rolled his eyes and looked away again.

"Wait, wait! Can we play ghost in the graveyard, like we did at your birthday that one time!"

He smiled and nodded quickly.

"But we'll just hide and then look for ourselves since there aren't enough people," he said, sitting up and sliding off the couch.

I nodded and turned off the t.v., keep a small lamp on.

"What are you doing, Frank?"

"Leaving that light on..."

Gerard always makes fun of me for this.

First, he knows I don't like being alone. He doesn't know I don't like the dark. I never told him. Everytime we play this game, we always stay together, teaming up. But it's just us now.

The only way I ever know I'm okay is when he's by me and grabbing hold of my hand.

"We have to go full out! Turn it off."

I whined slightly but turned it off with a small click and suddenly I didn't see Gerard anymore.

"Alright, go hide and count for... twenty seconds, then get up and we'll start trying to find eachother."

"Okay," I replied timidly.

"You'll be okay, Frankie, nothing bad will happen," he said softly.

I smiled even though he couldn't see, and I heard him start to take off.

Ah, this is stupid. I couldn't even see a thing. I wish the lamp was at least on. Or that there were more people so me and Gerard could team up. I reached forward, being careful not to stumble, hit something or make too much noise. And it was dark, way too dark. I felt consuming by it all.

But I wanted Gerard to find me, didn't I?

Maybe he didn't want to find me as bad.

I wanted to reach out and be able to feel his hand.