Hurting Is All I Know

a/n: major trigger, pls be safe ily. I'll put a star for a warning and to mark where it ends as well.

also I apologize for some of these being shitty and just given zero edit quality but I really love this one (((youre about to see how fucked up i am))) and spent like weeks (((((months))))) editing it
×××

He started walking up beside me and the ends of my fingers tingled, threatening to drop my books out of their strong white-knuckled grip.

"Gerard?" He asked, coming up beside me. I didn't understand what he could possibly want. Yes, he's usually around me often, but he knows to not ask a lot of questions and especially not to bug me.

"What?" I asked, turning to look at him, making him hit my chest from the sudden stop. "What, Frank?"

"Okay, okay, can we talk at lunch?" He asked, shoving his hands in his front pockets, and biting his bottom lip. I furrowed my eyebrows and glanced around him. He's not joking. I know that look; he's nervous, anxious, he's biting his lip and he knows I hate that.

"Why?"

"... be.. cause I want to talk to you?"

"About what?" I muttered. He knows not to ask, but I turned my attention to his eyes that were frantically searching over me.

"Gerard, can you... please just trust me? I know you don't trust anyone, but please, this once-"

"I don't understand why you need to suddenly talk to me so bad," I interupted gently, more curious than angry at the moment.

"I've never- oh my god, I've always liked you, can you just please?" He whimpered, pulling at his hair.

I nodded.

"Stop that," I grunted, gesturing toward his hair.

"Yeah, yeah; okay, thanks." He started to lean toward me and I backed away. He audibly gulped and instantly wrapped his arms around my torso. I groaned and rolled my eyes. He always does this. Just fucking hugs me 24/7. We're barely even together, I don't think you could consider us close friends, but he likes me. People would call us close friends just because they see us together all the time. And if you actually knew how we interacted, you would call it more of a suicidal risk.

This is the millionth hug but sixty-fourth encounter we've had talking in just the public eye. I respect him for not wondering too often, but he's usually asking questions here and there -barely in public, though. But he's always curious; I just know he is. It's what makes him cute.

"Thanks," he mumbled quietly, voice muffled in my clothes, soon enough letting me go.

I wasn't sure whether he was talking about the hug or that I agreed to talk to him.

I just nodded, turned and continued walking to the next class.

×××

I started walking toward lunch, passing my table and heading to the back of the school where I knew Frank was. I ruffled my hair and lit a cigarette as I stepped out, looking for Frank.

But he came up behind me, wrapping his arms around me again. I gasped lightly and coughed from not fully taking a drag from my cigarette, including the surprise.

"Frank," I grunted.

"Hi," he said sweetly, fiddling with the front of my shirt as he hugged me. I almost smiled as I looked down at his small hands.

"Hi," I mumbled, turning to look at him.

He smiled and sat down against the brick wall. I sat across from him, crossing my legs to make myself more comfortable.