Yeah, I Know, I Still Hate You

A/n: it's getting close to Christmas so let's bring out the fuckin snow. I was listening to Semi Precious Weapons while writing this, and you should totally fucking check them out.

×××

Walking through the cold streets of Jersey was never a satisfying thing. The state is known for its killings, not waterparks and smiles. It's always an eerie feelings going outside every day, and with cold weather and darker days, it makes things worse. Especially walking through the empty alleyways just makes you do a full head spin too many times.

Now, I wasn't one to just randomly walk around at night in New fucking Jersey, no. But I was particularly not feeling good and to top it all off of having a late night shift. I was the only worker who lived by myself and no family -so around the holidays, I was the only one working late shifts.

Walking down sidewalks and through shady alleyways.

But there was someone.

Huddled against themselves and shaking. Shaking violently and even small sobs were coming from the figure.

Now I'm not a rude person, I'm too kind for my own good, yet still have the ability to disagree. But this person made my heart ache and I just emotionally broke at such an upsetting sight.

I bent down slowly, taking one close glance at the figure and sighed, making a small curse under my breathe. This person was all too familiar, though.

It was Frank.

I leaned forward, taking in his shaky bottom lip and tear stained face. He glanced up at me desperately. I put my arms under his, making him gasp now that he had lost the little warmth he had for himself.

I picked him up, laying him across my arms and feeling his cold cheek press against my exposed neck, making me get chills all over.

I decided for the best and took him home.

It wasn't the best decision because it would even put weight on myself but I knew that once this was over I would feel great full for it. Although now it was hard to imagine with my legs shaking and muscles already starting to ache, right along with the cold breeze pushing me aside every other minute.

Walking inside, I tried not to drop him when sliding off my wet shoes, and then taking his off.

I quickly carried us up to my bathroom, my legs feeling heavier with every step.

I carefully layed him against the floor, sitting across his lap for a better way to possibly help him.

I ripped mine and his coat off, his skin a blue pale and cheeks a vibrant red. I tugged on his shirt and he whimpered when he had to lift his arms up. I helped slide off his pants, taking my own clothes off right after. He tried wrapping his arms back around himself, but it was clear that he was too weak. I wasn't as cold as him, but once he grabbed at me it was like my entire body froze up. Goosebumps littering my skin and making me even colder if possible.

"C'mere, Frank," I gestured, starting the tub and making sure it was to a perfectly warm temperature.

He weakly shuffled over, still shaking and heart beat weak. I scooped him into my arms and despite how much I hated being cold, I shoved him against my chest and let his cold breath cover my skin. Once the water had risen good enough, I carefully put Frank down in the water and he gasped at how suddenly warm it was but slowly relaxed. He winced when I slid in behind him and held him between my legs.

I wrapped my arms around him as he lightly shook. I grabbed a cloth, soaking it in the water as I dripped it over his neck and forehead. Watching the blue slowly disperse from the pale-ness of his skin.