Christmas! Part 1

A/N I'm dedicating this chapter to all y'all who commented last chapter. I loved all of your comments :)

Enjoy :)

~AwesomePegacorn

-

Amber stared into the fire, unable to speak to anyone. After the torture, she had become quite and seldom spoke. She was home now, for the Christmas break. Her mother was working in the kitchen, her father was writing letters to the Ministry for his work and James sat next to his twin, his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

He was angry with himself. He could have saved her, he should have thought fast instead of being stunned. A sudden knocking at the door startled James out of his thoughts and he glanced at Amber confused. She shrugged and looked back into the fire.

James stood and made his way to the door, yelling to his mother that he'll get the door. When he opened the door, it Sirius was standing there in the thick snow with snow on his hair and jacket. "May I please come in?" He said. James nodded and pulled his best friend into the house and ran to the kitchen.

Amber didn't notice the grunts of Sirius as he took off his boots or the couch sinking next to her. She did, in fact, notice her mother run out of the kitchen and right to the person next to her. She looked over and saw Sirius who had a bloody arm. She gasped and leaned in to see what had caused it and she knew it must have been glass or a knife.

Ambers mother, Euphemia, pushed Amber head away slightly and ordered her to get her potions. Amber responded quickly, rushing into the kitchen and grabbing any healing potions she could find. Sirius winced as Euphemia prodded his arm with her fingers and when she saw Amber, she grabbed three of the potions and poured three droops of each in at once.

Sirius winced at the new pain but relaxed after the other remedies set in. "Merry Christmas." He said weakly. Euphemia smiled sadly at the poor boy,

"What happened?" She asked as James gave her a needle and some string for stitches. "I had to leave my house, they were telling me how I don't belong," Euphemia started to stitch and Sirius gave out a cry of pain but continued on,

"I snuck out my window and- cut-" he said in a strangled voice as Euphemia kept poking him and sewing his arm, "-my arm on my window."

Euphemia nodded her head and when she finished and told Amber to wrap it up as she went to find a pain killing potion. Amber silently started to wrap it up when Sirius spoke to her, "How you holding up?" Amber shrugged and continued to wrap his arm. James threw down the towel he had used to dry the blood from around Sirius' wound.

"For Merlin's Sake," he started, "talk! Talk Jamie! I'm sick of having you just nod or shake your head or shrug! Just fucking talk!" Amber looked up at her brother and said, "I'm sorry." Euphemia came out and scolded James for swearing and gave Sirius the pain killer. He was out like a light.

"It's hard, James, to be happy after I had thoughts telling me that I am worthless and stupid and fat over and over again. So, I'm sorry that I've been quiet. I've been trying to cope with the fact that I'll never be the same again." She said calmly before going to her room. James just shook his head and picked Sirius up, bringing him to their guest room and setting him on the bed.

-

It was Christmas Day and Amber was actually smiling, much to James' surprise. But he knew it was just for his family for when they came later on that day for dinner. The three teens sat around the tree, waiting for Euphemia and Fleamont to tell them to open their presents. "Should we make them wait?" Fleamont asked his wife as James, Sirius and Amber begged them.

"They've waited long enough,  Monty. Go ahead." The three teens grabbed a present that was close to them and opened them up on three. "One," James started, "Two," said Sirius, "Three!" Amber shouted and they all ripped open their presents. Sirius stared at the Potter's in surprise and happiness. They had gotten him a golden watch.

"We knew your parents wouldn't get you one... So we got it for you. I know it's a year early but..." Euphemia trailed off, smiling at Sirius. He stood and hugged Euphemia and Fleamont before putting the watch on. James got socks. He stuck his tongue out at Amber who got a charm bracelet.

"Moooommmm," James said, "you knew I wanted a charm bracelet." He pouted as his family and Sirius laughed at him. Amber slapped James James on the side of the head and the teens opened the rest of their gifts, one by one. "Here," Sirius said, handing Amber and James a present. They smirked at each other and pulled out a large box from behind the couch.

Sirius raised an eyebrow and he opened it. Without warning, a loud bang erupted from the box and gold and red paint flew at Sirius. It covered him and a sign came out after, saying to look at the back of the tree. The Potter's all laughed whilst Sirius looked himself over, "Well," he began, "at least I'll look absolutely spiffing for your family." Sirius gave both Amber and James a high five and Fleamont cleaned Sirius up with a flick of his wand.

"Open your gifts, it's not as good as your's though." He said as he looked at the new beaters equipment he had got from the back of the tree. Amber opened hers first and it revealed a necklace with a paw print charm. She put it on and gave Sirius a huge hug, squealing. He laughed and urged James to open his.

James opened it up cautiously before looking inside the box. His mouth gaped before he showed it to everyone, "It's a two way mirror! I've always wanted one of these!" He shouted before giving Sirius a hug. Amber laughed at the sight of her brother and his best friend hugging each other. No matter what she said, she's still Amber.

**

A/N HEY. So. I hope y'all won't kill me. It's been a while but here's a short chapter. Ill be writing the second part and posting it no later than Christmas! I promise. Alright, hope you all enjoyed this... I'm watching Chamber of Secrets whilst writing this so... Inspiration.

Okay. COMMENT GUYS!! tell me what you liked about this chapter!

BYE!