Chapter One

"The New Neko"
Chapter One
By: _LenaAckerman_

The one thing Erwin hated about being a Maths teacher was when he had to mark tests. It didn't help that he had a class of dumb idiots who didn't know what trig was and ended up writing stupid things like drawing an arrow to x and writing 'here it is' when asked to find it. Erwin wondered how his wife Hanji put up with being a Science teacher.

"Erwin!" Speak of the devil and she shall appear.

The door to his study burst open and Hanji ran into the room, glasses askew and eyes wide. Erwin raised his gigantic eyebrows at her.

"What is it Hanji?" Erwin sighed, not really in the mood with Hanji trying to prove that there were such things as Titans.

"There's something wrong with Levi!" Hanji exclaimed, sounding hysteric. The fact that it wasn't about Titans and their pet neko caused Erwin to become hysteric too.

"What's wrong with Levi?!" Erwin demanded. He couldn't imagine the rude, grumpy half-human, half-cat creature being sick. Levi would never cough up a hair ball because he said it was disgusting (Levi's words, not Erwin's) and refused to go to the vet because the place was always filthy.

Erwin imagined the neko lying in the lounge room, skin paler than usual and black cat ears pressed against his head as he mewled. The poor thing! Erwin would have to take him to the vet, even if he had to put up with painful claws and teeth digging into his skin.

"He's purring!" Hanji answered. Erwin narrowed his eyes at his wife. She had him worried that the neko was sick only to tell him he was purring? Then again, Levi never purred.

"Why is he purring?" Erwin sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Come look!" Hanji squealed, grabbing Erwin's arm and dragging him into the lounge room. Levi was sitting in the middle of the lounge room, watching another neko chase a ball of twine. Erwin found the vibrating noise coming from Levi's throat more strange than the brown haired neko he had never seen before.

"Isn't he cute?!" Hanji exclaimed, pointing at the new neko. The new neko appeared to be the same size as Levi with brown hair, ears and tail of the same colour and teal eyes with a touch of gold. "I found him in a box in an alleyway and just had to bring him home to our Levi!"

"Don't use the word 'our' before my name Shitty Glasses," Levi hissed. His tail twitched, causing the new neko to pounce on it. "Get off my tail Shitty Kitten!"

"Oh Levi, you're so cute!" Hanji cooed in a baby voice, grabbing her blushing cheeks in adoration.

"Don't call me cute unless you want your eyes clawed out!" Levi growled as the new neko tried to jump on him. He picked up the new neko from the scruff of his neck and glared at him. "Stop being a little pest."

"What happened to you Levi? You were purring before!" Hanji whined. Levi glared at her, dropping the young neko.

"Levi!" the new neko whined, pawing at Levi's pant leg. "Me Eren!"

Hanji gasped in adoration at the adorableness. Levi kept his emotionless façade on but was internally screaming 'cute' at the eyes Eren was looking up at him with.

"Speak properly."

As if in a trance, Hanji walked toward Eren, eyes sparkling behind her glasses. Erwin just watched, not really knowing what to do.

Hanji knelt down and went to pick up Eren, only to flinch back when Levi hissed at her. His black tail wrapped around Eren protectively, glaring at Hanji as he pulled the confused neko against himself. Hanji chuckled at the sight.

"Someone's overprotective," Hanji teased in a singsong voice, ruffling Levi's hair. Levi growled in annoyance, running his paw through his hair to fix it up.

"Shut the fuck up Shitty Glasses," Levi growled. He picked Eren up and left the lounge room, leaving Hanji laughing and Erwin wondering what the hell was going on.

🐈🐈🐈

"Here're the rules: rule one, always clean up after yourself," Levi told the young neko, who nodded enthusiastically. Levi had decided that he was going to take Eren under his wing and was now telling him the rules. "Rule number two: always take a bath after going outside and don't come near me until you do. And number three, the most important rule: don't eat the chocolate fish biscuits, they're mine. I may give some to you, but only if I feel nice enough."

"Is that all Levi-Chan?" Eren asked.

"Don't add 'Chan' to my name," Levi deadpanned. "And yes, I have one question: how old are you exactly?"

"I'm six months!" Eren answered. Levi frowned, eyebrows raised. The brat was only six months old? He was almost the same height as Levi and Levi was two in December. Then again, Levi was shorter than the average neko (even though he'll never say that out loud).

"So you don't know if you're an omega or alpha?" Levi asked. Eren shook his head so fast Levi thought he was going to get whiplash.

"OK, here's the thing: I'm an Alpha neko and I like to scent my stuff so if you turn out to be an Alpha neko, I'm kicking you out of the house," Levi told him.

"And what if I'm an Omega neko?" Eren asked, ears twitching and tail wagging like a puppy. That got Levi wondering: was Eren a dog in a cat's body or was he just over excited? There was a reason why Levi hated kids.

Then again, Eren didn't seem to be so bad.

"I'll probably scent you if you are an Omega neko," Levi answered. And probably mate you, Levi put in his head. "I'm an Alpha and very possessive — that means over you too. If you do end up being an Omega, I wouldn't be able to fight the urge to mark you, but then again, I never fight my urges. So, if you do end up being an Omega, I'll mark you, scent you and mate you."

Eren blinked up at the older neko in shock. Levi wasn't surprised about Eren's surprise: Levi was famous for his bluntness.

End of chapter one ~ 1060 words