Chapter Twelve (End)

"The New Neko"
Chapter Twelve
By: _LenaAckerman_

Two years have passed since Hanji randomly brought Eren home. It's been two years since Eren and Levi mated and had their kittens. Carla, Kuchel, Irwin, Alec, Mark and Mealie were no longer kittens and were pretty much now adults.

Hanji and Erwin had set up a Neko Rescue house for all the nekos who were unfortunate enough to live out on the streets, like Levi, Eren, Petra, Olou, Isabel and Farlan had. They had found the last two remaining Nekos from Levi's old squad, Eld and Günther, as well as other nekos named Jean (who Eren believes is a horse and not a neko), Marco (who Eren believes is Jesus in the form of a neko), Ymir (who terrifies Eren) and Historia (who Eren believes is from the same litter as Armin since they could be passed as twins). And there were also other certain nekos that have moved into the rescue home.

"Levi, what are you doing?" Eren squeaked, running after his mate as the raven neko stalked toward the lounge room. "Just leave it!"

"If someone wants to date my daughter, they have to get through me first," Levi growled.

Levi was defiantly one of those overprotective type of fathers. When Carla announced that she had begun dating one of the rescued nekos, Levi had demanded she bring him over so that Levi could 'meet and get to know him.' Which really was Levi's way of saying so that he could meet him and 'see if he can pass the father test.'

Levi burst into the lounge room, eyes gleaming and tail bristled up to twice its size in a threatening matter. He stopped so suddenly that Eren walked into him, gunmetal eyes widening. Eren looked over his mate's shoulder to see their eldest daughter sitting on the couch, looking bored. She was wearing a yellow sleeveless dress and white stockings, a white sunhat perched on her long, curly brown hair. Standing in front of her was an orange haired neko with a face full of freckles and brown eyes. And Eren could tell why Levi had suddenly frozen: the neko was holding two feather dusters.

"Before we go on our date Carla, we need to clean the basket first!" the orange haired neko exclaimed, holding one of the dusters to her. "You don't understand how high my cleaning standards are!"

"Oh believe me, I do. My father is the king of clean freaks," Carla sighed. Carla's blue eyes lit up when she spotted her parents over her boyfriend's shoulder. "Mum, Dad!"

Carla's boyfriend whirled around, brown eyes widening when saw Levi and Eren. Levi seemed to recover from his shock and walked towards Carla's boyfriend, holding his paw out to him for a paw shake.

"I'm Levi, Carla's father," Levi introduced himself. He was actually smiling at Carla's boyfriend. He only smiled at people if he liked them, which was rare. The only people he smiled at was Eren and their kittens.

"Oh, um ... I'm Steven," Carla's boyfriend stuttered, seeming to be intimidated by Levi for some reason. Well, who wasn't intimidated by Levi? He was like a walking Grim Reaper.

Eren sat down on the couch beside Carla, both of them watching their lovers interact with narrow blue and teal eyes. They both knew what was going on.

"So, you're taking Carla on a date?" Levi asked. Steven nodded his head quickly. "OK, make sure you bring her home by ten." Yep, Levi approves of him.

"He seriously approved Steven because he's also a clean freak," Carla and Eren sighed at the same time.

"If you're going to clean the picnic basket, I have the perfect thing for that," Levi said, walking toward the cleaning supply closet. As soon as he opened the door, his eyes narrowed in anger.

It was unfortunate that Levi had caught Kuchel in the closet with a male neko, his paw in her shirt cupping her breast. The two couldn't pull away from each other fast enough. But it was really unfortunate that they had been caught by Levi out of all people. Levi was the overprotective father type.

The poor man stood no chance against Levi's raging father mode.

From what Eren could see of the male neko in the closet with Kuchel, Eren titled him as being on the punk side. He had a bright green mohawk, the only indication to his natural hair colour being his dirty blond cat ears and tail. He had a nose piercing and snake bites. He was wearing a tattered vest-like shirt and navy blue jeans, also ripped. He had a spiralling rose tattoo.

The man squeaked in pain and fear when Levi grabbed his tail in a painfully hard grip and forcefully pulled him out of the closet. He pulled the young man up by the tail so that they were eye level, Levi's eyes gleaming with hatred and anger.

"Who the fuck are you and give me one good reason why I shouldn't murder you for touching my daughter," Levi hissed.

"I-I-I ..."

"What's wrong, cat got your tongue?" Levi teased. "My friend Olou is one of those cats that have a love of tongues. His son Mark is the same."

It was at that moment that Olou, Petra, Mark and Mealie walked into the lounge room in time to hear what Levi had said. Olou and Mark opened their mouths to say something but when they snapped their mouths closed, they bit their tongues. Petra and Mealie rolled their eyes at the two men's actions.

That day Kuchel was grounded for sneaking a boy inside and Carla had gone on a date with her own boyfriend, but not after Levi told told them they had his blessing for mating. And as for Irwin and Alec ...

"You cheated!" Irwin's voice shouted from the kitchen. "I had it first!"

"You dropped it," Alec's voice retorted. "So I had every right to take it."

Levi and Eren looked at each other briefly before they entered the kitchen to see their two sons standing by the backyard door, a football in both their clutches as they wrestled it between them.

"Boys, how many times have I told you not to bring that filthy thing inside," Levi scolded. Irwin and Alec froze.

"Sorry Dad," they muttered.

Levi rolled his eyes and told them to go outside. They didn't have to be told twice. They burst into the backyard, throwing the football between each other and yelling things at the other. Levi sighed.

"Remind me to never get you pregnant again Eren," Levi sighed. Eren giggled and wrapped his arms around his mate, nuzzling his neck affectionately.

"You've been saying that for the pass two years," Eren giggled, placing a kiss on Levi's cheek. "I'm pretty sure having four kittens is good enough."

Levi smiled gently before pulling Eren down for a chaste kiss. He pulled away after a moment and rested their foreheads together as he said, "our family is weird enough as it is."

Eren giggled and kissed him again, this time more passionate. Their tails entwined, creating a heart shape between them.

Their family defiantly was weird.

And they wouldn't have it any other way.

The End