Chapter Two

A/N: thanks to everyone who gave this story a chance. For those who are curious Eren and Levi are a foot shorter than what they usually are, meaning Levi is 4'3'' and when he gets to his full size Eren would be 4'7''. For this chapter and the last he's 4'2''

"The New Neko"
Chapter Two
By: _LenaAckerman_

It's been two days since Hanji bought Eren home and already he was a pain in Levi's ass. Levi was a neko with a lot of pride in his appearance, and he made sure to keep himself well groomed, unlike a baby neko he knew.

Hanji had let Eren outside to play while Levi slept (Levi hated going outside because it was always filthy) and when he woke up the first thing he noticed was the dirt track across the floor toward the kitchen.

Fuming, Levi stalked to the kitchen to find Eren sitting on the bench, a bag of chocolate chip biscuits in his lap and cookie crumbs all over his face as well as mud all over his clothes and paws. Levi chucked a fit at the sight.

"Shitty Glasses! Come and clean up this mess!" Levi yelled, picking up the dirty kitten and trudging toward the bathroom.

"Why can't you do it yourself?" Hanji questioned, walking into the kitchen. Levi looked at her in the corner of his eye and grimaced. She was covered in filth herself. Couldn't the brat and Shitty Glasses clean themselves up before they walk around?

"Because I'm the pet and you're the owner; that means you must do whatever I ask," Levi answered blankly, dragging the flabbergasted kitten into the bathroom.

Levi shut the door with his tail, locked it and ran the bath, ignoring the confused stares Eren was giving him. When the bath was filled halfway with water, Levi walked over to Eren, staring down at him with hard steel eyes. Eren looked like a deer caught in headlights as he stared up at the scary looking adult neko.

"Strip," Levi ordered.

Eren blinked in confusion but pulled his clothes off until he was sitting in the middle of the bathroom naked. He shifted, not liking Levi's eyes on him. The floor was cold against his skin ...

"Go into the water," was Levi's next order. Eren's eyes widened further and his mouth dropped open in shock. He shook his head, refusing to go into the water and Levi's anger intensified. Levi grabbed the kitten's tail (which was surprisingly clean) and dragged him to the bath, ignoring the kitten's yowling, kicking and clawing. That damn brat was going to take a bath even if he liked it or not!

"No! Don't make me go in the water!" Eren yelled, thrashing around as Levi tried to push him into the water.

Eren hissed, scratched and kicked at Levi, doing all he could to stop the older neko from forcing him into the water, but his attempts were futile. Levi was stronger than he looked.

Much stronger.

Levi finally managed to get Eren into the water, but not unscathed. There were scratches and bite marks all over his face, his clothes were soaking wet and his side was pounding from where Eren kicked him. Eren was glaring at Levi, cat ears flattened against his head and tail flicking water at Levi as he sulked. Levi sighed and pulled his clothes off, causing Eren to gape at him in surprise.

"What are you doing?!" Eren exclaimed as Levi got into the bath with him. They were forced to pull their knees against their chests as they sat across from each other, eyes narrowed as they stared at the other.

"You got me dirty when I dragged you in here," Levi said, reaching for the kitty shampoo and unclamping the lid. "And I thought I may as well take a bath with you to save water. I think Shitty Glasses should take a shower."

Levi motioned for Eren to turn around, which he did after hesitating. Levi massaged the kitty shampoo into Eren's ears and tail, causing the young neko to purr. Kitty shampoo was made especially to wash a neko's ears and tail since they couldn't use regular soap. Levi liked the smell of the kitty shampoo and asked (forced) Erwin to buy it.

But just like with other kitty shampoos they've ever bought for him, Levi would get sick of it and go through the painful process of finding a new one he liked.

"You're just like a regular cat, aren't you?" Levi asked as he rinsed the kitty shampoo out of Eren's fur.

"What do you mean?" Eren asked, his purring getting louder as Levi started washing his hair. He loved the feeling of Levi's fingers massaging his scalp. It was a feeling of pure bliss, something he couldn't describe in words. Levi's fingers were really skilled.

"You gave me the impression that you hate water," Levi said. Eren shivered at the word.

"Well I'm a cat," Eren pointed out as if it were the most obvious thing after the fact that he was male. "Isn't it normal for us?"

"Not exactly," Levi answered, moving to washing Eren's skin with the body wash. "I love water - it cleans everything."

Maybe you're the unusual one, Eren thought.

"You do realise you're sitting in water at the moment," Levi pointed out. Eren didn't say anything for a while, Levi's words running around his head like they were running a race. Sitting in water. Sitting ... in water. Sitting ... in ... water. Sitting in ... water.

Sitting. In. Water!

Eren yowled loudly, the cry echoing through the bathroom as if they were in a cave. Water splashed onto the ground as Eren struggled to get out of the tub, only being stopped by Levi who had his arms around his waist, trying to keep him in the water. Eren wasn't clean to his standard, damnit!

"Calm down Shitty Kitten!" Levi hissed, tightening his grip on the kitten.

Eren only struggled harder, tail going wild. It was puffed up to twice its size, hitting anything it could as if it had a mind of its own. It ended up making contact with Levi's face, causing the adult neko to shout out in surprise and let go of the kitten, who jumped out of the bath like he had been shocked, only to slip over the water that ended up on the floor.

"What a troublesome brat," Levi sighed, getting to washing himself like nothing even happened.