Chapter 4: Bleach

Your P.o.v.

I sat there and let out a small sigh "you better comfortable because your about to be disturbed". I began to explain what happened to me, In other words my story as I slumped back in my chair.

...

I'd spent all day making sure I looked perfect, everything was going to be amazing tonight. I laid back in my bed and waited until midnight for Kyle to pick me up. Hours went by and finally the time came, I herd a rustling from the small garden outside the front of my house and soon after small footsteps on the roof. Every once in a while Kyle would visit me whilst my parents where out of town or at work but we had begun secretly meeting whilst they were home.

Closer and closer I quickly walked to my bedroom door and locked it. A pair of hands undid the lock on the window and slid it open. There he was with his sweet smile, green eyes and chestnut brown hair. So kind and loving.

Kyle gripped the window and quietly stepped inside and gently embraced me planting a small kiss on my forehead. "Are you ready beautiful?" I smiled and nodded before leading him back to the window "yeah, now quick lets go" I whispered.

Kyle climbed out first and held out a hand in order to gently lift me through the window. Once we were out he jumped down from the roof and turned around in order to catch me. Racing to the car we both landed with a small thud in the front two seats. "Let's go!" He chuckled and started the car.

We listened to the song Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol and held hands all the way to out secret hiding place. It was 30 minutes away from both out homes and was an old abandon cottage that we had managed to fix up with a little paint and hard work. It wasn't in the middle of no where but it was hidden in plain sight. The house was on the corner of a small suburban street and no one would suspect a thing.

Later during the night we had fallen asleep on the couch together and it would have made a sweet photograph. However that's when it all went downhill...

I'd woken up around 3:00am to the sound of someone walking around outside. Although Kyle was sound asleep I felt like there was someone watching me. Out of curiosity I'd walked towards the window and saw a girl my height with my hair colour sprint as fast as she could past the house and into the back ally that connected the old house to the main street.

Little did I know at the time that she had just escaped from Arkham Asylum and was swiftly being followed by a mob of secret servicemen

Little did I know at the time that she had just escaped from Arkham Asylum and was swiftly being followed by a mob of secret servicemen. I walked towards the door and twisted the handle opening the door. The moon illuminated the sky and lit everything up just enough to see where you were walking. I walked bare foot down the gravel road but was quickly knocked out of my sleepy daze when I was grabbed by 4 men. They placed a cloth over my mouth and from that point id lost conscience.

Somewhere along the way I had lost my memory and was now tied to a metal hair. My clothes had been changed and my shoes were gone. A pair of black boots sat in the right hand corner but were completely out of my reach. I was no longer wearing my maroon dress but rather a very plain and basic grey T-shirt dress. The dress was quite oversized but it was able to remain in place thanks to the green knit cardigan I had also been dressed in.

From that night I was no longer _____ I was a test subject, nobody of importance to anyone. I was nothing but a experiment subject with a barcode as identification. After being "settled in" to my new prison like home people would often come into my room and inject strange things into me. My arms and legs were bruised and I was starved. Brittle and broken nothing but a ghost trapped in the spotlight. No one sees you as a person anymore but as a monster. They did these tests everyday for almost 2 years. Every injection resulted in me being sick in the small white sink attached to the wall in the small room I was isolated in and sometimes id even pass out or hallucinate.

I found out sometime later that they had mistaken me for the insane girl. Some of the staff knew exactly what was happening and although they knew I wasn't the right girl they had been chasing after they continued to hurt me. They didn't care about my health or safety it was clearly evident. This was proven 7 months after being locked up there with no light only a 20 glasses of water came through the door.

The last thing they did to me was horrific, they wanted me dead.

In the middle of the night they had woken me up and dragged me outside into a large factory like outlet. It was dark and multiple large buckets of chemicals were boiling and some cooling in rows. They dragged me to the top as I kicked and struggled to break away. I pleaded and pleaded to let me live but then I fell silent. Was it really worth living through all this suffering. I volunteered to jump myself and in that they allowed me. What they didn't tell me was that they I had just jumped off a ledge into bleach...

they left one by one observing my "death". However someone else had been watching and dragged me out from the bleach as soon as they left. To this day i'm still unaware of who it was but I know i'm definitely grateful. I made my escape after waking up and somehow stumbled around town finding my old home but no one was there. They'd left me and thats when I met Ivy. She helped me get back onto my feet and now i'm slowly getting my old life back. Although sometimes I find myself remembering the times I spent locked away and the song I used to sing to myself. It always made me cry but I only because now just like the song says, im happy now.

 It always made me cry but I only because now just like the song says, im happy now

...

Jokers p.o.v.

I just sat there, The smile she had planted onto my face had slowly faded away as she spoke each word. I couldn't understand how she had gone through all of that and is now able to speak about it or even smile so beautifully. However the fact was that the part that was bugging me the most was that I played the biggest part of all in her life and she doesn't even know it. Hell I didn't even think I was apart of her life until now! but in reality it was my decision that saved her life.

I pulled her from the Bleach after revisiting the place harley and I had validated our feelings for each other. shed left me for Dead Shot at this time and when I saw ____ jump free of will it just hurt me inside. I waited for the men to leave so I could dive in and get her out. If I never showed up then _____ would be dead...