Chapter 14: Lies

Your P.o.v.

The sun lit up the room causing my eyes to sting slightly at the sudden adjustment. I turned on the mattress and and faced the opposite direction. As I moved I felt an arm around my waist tighten and readjust itself. I opened my eyes and looked straight ahead coming face to face with the owner of these arms tangled around me. Bright green messy hair was spread across the other set of pillows and a sweet smile was spread across his face. Noticing the movement in his arms his eyes fluttered open and his smile widened "hey beautiful".

What was he thinking? when did he even climb into bed with me? I squinted my eyes at him and spoke sleepily "Didn't I tell you to sleep in your own room?". He chuckled softly still half asleep and began talking in a raspy voice "No sweetie, you stated that you don't want to sleep with me but that didn't mean I couldn't". He yawned and smiled softly again towards me "It was only a preference" he winked and tightened his grip around me. I rubbed my eyes and gave into him, I leaned against him too tired to care anymore.

Remembering the strange dream I had last night I began speaking to J. "I had a dream about you last night" I said quietly waiting for a responce. "You looked pretty" he whispered causing a chill to run up my spine. I hesitantly continued retelling my dream unsure of what he was talking about. "We were both teenagers and you and I apparently met at a friends wedding". I could feel his muscles tense around me and stiffen at the words I spoke. "What friend?" he questioned "I don't know but I want to know something" he let go of me and looked me dead in the eyes "who are you really?".

His smile dropped and a serious tone took over his face. "Thats none of your concern" with that said he then let go of me and walked towards the door. He ripped it open and slammed it behind him, A growl echo down the hallways and a slam followed. Sighing I slowly made my way out of bed and cautiously followed the destructive path Joker had taken. "Joker where are you?!" I shouted as I stumbled down a flight of stairs in my quest to locate him.

I stood at the base of the staircase and finally found him, I called out to him one more time in a hopeless attempt to ask him why he got so defensive but there was no point

I stood at the base of the staircase and finally found him, I called out to him one more time in a hopeless attempt to ask him why he got so defensive but there was no point. "Joker please just come back and talk to me!" I yelled trying to catch his attention. He had found his purple crocodile coat and put on his gold chains in the time id been looking for him. The only responce I received from him was angered glance as he past by me. Enraged he continued to walk past and make his way to his car with a few of his men following.

I slumped down against the wall and felt completely and utterly embarrassed. Who did I think I was placing myself as such a high priority in his life? Asking questions about his past that he doesn't feel comfortable sharing with me. Although I didn't have the right to ask things as personal as this was, it still hurt the way he just blocked me out and gave me the cold shoulder. Almost as if he was trying to communicate that I wasn't good enough for him and I needed to know.

Recently i've begun wondering if its even worth playing all of his sick games and going along with his disillusioned ideas. Im only going to end up losing in the end and he most likely knows this as well. This was all a mistake following him here and accepting his trust, I should have taken Lily's advice and just ignored him and continued living my life. Things were just starting to go back to normal and then all this chaos and drama has followed me almost like a ghost that just wont stop haunting the most significant place it remembered being.

Jokers P.o.v.

I glared at _______ as I made my way out of the building, I sent two guards to look after her whilst I was gone. I was too upset to be in the same environment that she was in right now, it would only end in destruction and ________ would possibly end up hospitalised. So many lies i've said and so many things i've had to change in order to find her again. If she knew anything then she would never trust me again, ever. I slid into my car and sped out of the parking lot quickly.

id been driving for at least 20 minutes clearing my head before pulling over on the side of the road. I took a deep breath and laughed banging my head on the steering wheel, the horn sounded and I lifted my head. I turned to the passenger side and opened the glove box compartment, Id have to find a better place to hide this. Id spent the last couple of years tracking down everyone with a yearbook and ripping out my photograph in order for no one to recognise who id become. I never thought id run into her again though.

Flipping open to the page my photograph was on I stared at it looking at who id become

Flipping open to the page my photograph was on I stared at it looking at who id become. How it all changed is still a vivid memory held within my head and mine alone. It's not something I could simply share with everyone. Id been offered a job as a Lab assistant when I was 18 but unfortunately something came up within my family and I became a stand-up comedian. It was worse money but it meant I could help support my family more. We had multiple problems and my Job wasn't helping which is when I decided to join the Red Hood and help out with the robberies and dons. However the plan didn't go the way we had hoped.

we were compromised by the Batman and everyone left leaving me only one option to escape. I leaped into a chemical vat successfully escaping the Hero only to be faced with more permanent results. I was now chemically imbalanced and my thought patterns so irregular not even the best phycologist could help me. So I continued on with my new Job and a new objective, erase any evidence of my previous life and find the one person who during the time period I went back to high school for cared and understood me.

_________.