Chapter 46: Evacuation

Jokers P.o.v.

I stormed back inside to the venue knowing that the boats were about to make it to the shore. I kicked the door in making an entrance  that made everyone stop what they were doing "Listen up!" I called snatching the microphone from one of the venues hosts. One look at my face and they went running back into the corner of the room. "We have quite a number of unwanted party guests who have decided to take it upon themselves to invite themselves to our little shin dig" I growled as the bottled up rage began to seep through the cracks.

"Everyone needs to evacuate the premiss now or stay and fight" I threw the microphone at the wall and looked out in the hall to find _______. She had to be here somewhere. I spied her standing near the bathroom, as fast as I could through the now chaotic hall I sprinted over to her and took her hand "We need to leave, now". I began dragging her past the people who were preparing for a hell of a battle in order to keep _______ safe. "J whats going on!?" she asked franticly as we ran down some stairs and into a cellar. 

"Someone is trying to once again take whats mine and im getting fucking sick of it" I spat as I unlocked some heavy chains that were wrapped around the door. _______ Sighed and held her head in her hands "They couldn't give us one day?" she stressed as I kicked the door in and began dragging her out into the darkness once more. I had known about the boats cove when i booked the venue and now we were using the boat to get the hell out of here without being seen. I helped her into the boat and before she could say another word I jumped in just in time. 

The sound of multiple heavy footsteps came charging down the stair as I hit the boat into reverse. The boat sped out from the cove and we were back out into the open water in no time. Briefly looking back I could see the island was now being destroyed one brick at a time. Luckily everyone that was invited knew how to escape and had some sort of power that would come in handy at a time like this. "Where to now" _________ asked.

I shrugged my shoulders "I don't know, anywhere but here" I said through gritted teeth still absolutely fuming about the fact that they couldn't give me one day to celebrate the beginning of my marriage. I sped through the water trying my best to think of somewhere that ________ would be safe and out of the way of all this newly formed chaos. I couldn't believe that in the matter of a few short moments everything had gone back to the way it was. Being hunted down by gangs and police.

 Being hunted down by gangs and police

Your P.o.v.

The boat pulled up onto the bank near a park and we quickly made our way onto land. Joker had somehow managed to send the boat back out into the water diverting the chaos into another direction. "I don't think i've ever been to an engagement party this wild" I couldn't help but joke about the situation. Joker turned back to me biting his lip trying his best not to laugh and remain serious. "You better get used to it if you plan on being my wife" he chuckled as we crossed a busy street almost being hit by on coming traffic. "I live a pretty insane life" he laughed loudly.

people parted ways on the pavement as we ran between the crowds. Some people caught glimpses of the rings on our fingers and some instantly pulled out their phones dialling the police. Joker caught sight of on coming police officers and the screams of sirens boomed and echoed as the lights lit up the sides of the tall concrete buildings. J grunted and I turned to look behind me to try and find a way out "we're cornered" I whipped my head around in all directions. J instantly barge the door to the nearest building opened and we began running up the flights of stairs.

"What are we going to do!?" I screamed as the sirens and sounds of shouting police took over the bottom floor of the building. We were now halfway to the top of the twenty six story building. "Just keep going!" he pulled me up never letting his grip of my hand go. Heavy loud boots echoed up the building chasing after the two of us. This was definitely going to be one hell of an engagement story tell if I ever get to tell it. Finally breaking through to the roof joker let go of my hand and blocked the door with whatever heavy object he could find.

 Finally breaking through to the roof joker let go of my hand and blocked the door with whatever heavy object he could find

"_______ do you trust me?" he walked over towards me, the sound of helicopters now in the distance. I nodded "I do" I spoke wearily not knowing what he had planned in his head. His eyes held a look expressing a mixture of pain, fear and insanity that id never seen before. He held my hand and lead me towards the edge of the building, the wind whipping my hair around my face. "We need to jump" he spoke staring directly into my eyes.

I took a step back "J, I don't think I can do that" fear rose up through me. He shook his head "________ you need to trust me!" he yelled over all the commotion. Tear began to stream down my face as the panic started to set in "________ if we don't jump we will die!" he wrapped his arms around me and and looked deeply into my eyes. I nodded my head agreeing to the jump. He slowly lead me closer as the background noises grew louder and louder and the door began to be pounded on.

The two of us stood upon the ledge of the buildig and the wind intensified. I held his hand tighter and tighter "On the count of three" he whispered in my ear wrapping himself around me. 

"One..."

"Two..."

"THREE!"