Chapter 29: Love Me

Jokers P.o.v.

I stayed silent for a moment at a loss for words. "Everyone lets go outside and give these two a moment" Ivy instructed pushing everyone outside. Before walking away with the crowd Ivy closed the door gently and smiled softly. I sat on the bed opposite _______ and hung my head before glancing over at her. "Do you want honesty or a sugar coated lie?" I almost whispered numbly. I could see the light in her eyes begin to die out at the sound of my words, without a word she lifted herself from her seat and began walking towards the bed. She didn't need an answer she could already sense my despair.

All I could do was watch as she gracefully moved closer, I was so dumb founded by the fact she was even speaking to me that I couldn't do anything

All I could do was watch as she gracefully moved closer, I was so dumb founded by the fact she was even speaking to me that I couldn't do anything. I felt her soft gentle hand slip into mine and her head rest upon my shoulder. "You haven't been sleeping well have you?" She questioned in a soothing voice washing all my lethargic energy away. I gently shook my head no and rested my head upon hers. I was now relaxed and awake for the first time in days. "I love you" I breathed before kissing her forehead gently and for once didn't want a response from her. All I wanted was her touch and the closeness that had been missing for so many years. Everything felt as if it was falling back into place, like I'd finally found myself through ________. "Can we go outside?" She asked and I nodded leading the way.

We walked down the hallway and towards the back door before facing the now lit up garden. The trees were swaying slightly in the breeze and everyone could be heard laughing and talking in the background. "I want to take you somewhere" ________ spoke before leading me by the hand around the side of the house.

Leading me by the hand we walked around the side of the house and down a small forest pathway

Leading me by the hand we walked around the side of the house and down a small forest pathway. It was in close proximity to the house but still far enough to feel alone. Glowing lights lit up a small structure, sheltering a circular table and two chairs. The decorations were the same as the ones in Ivy's backyard, it was beautiful. _______'s face lit up at the sight of the table and a smile spread across her face. "Ivy did an amazing job" _______ spoke before dragging me to the table and taking a seat.