Chapter 16: Jared

Your P.o.v.

I couldn't find my strength to get up off the floor so thats where I remained for almost half an hour. Curled up in the corner of the staircase with multiple guards worrying about my wellbeing and questioning if im okay approached me. "Miss _________. Is something wrong? you've been in the same spot staring into space for the last half an hour" The man bent down to my height. "maybe you need some fresh air?" I thought about his offer and nodded. I needed to cleanse myself from all the negativity I had built up inside my head.

I followed the man out to the front of the house and noticed that Joker still wasn't home. I turned to the guard and asked him if he was able to go and find my coat and with that he nodded and went back inside. This was my one and only chance to get out of here and go back to my own house, I ran as fast as I could down the street and found myself a Taxi who was willing to drive me home with only $30 on me. I think the driver felt sorry for me.

Once I reached my house I paid the driver and quickly exited the car. Sprinting to my front door I noticed it was open still from when scarecrow was tracking me so I entered. I locked the door behind me and stumbled up towards my room switching on my laptop. I was going to crack this mystery code of who joker was, not because he wouldn't tell me but because he seemed so familiar and it was killing me. I decided the best place to look was through my photos it was the most reliable source I had that could give me answers.

I first got this laptop when I was in my second last year of high school, I had a few friends but after the incident I couldn't go back to school and face them all. Not even the one person who showed me it was okay to be weird and strange could make me face my demons. I still remember his name but never a face. Jared. I scrolled through my photos and came across an album by the name of keep your eyes on me. The first thing in here was Jared's performance he did in class years ago.

I heard that he spent the whole year looking for me and even came by my house almost every weekend to see if anyone had found me. He really loved me, I could see it in the way he smiled and the way his eyes would twinkle and light up when he saw me. He was the only one. I clicked onto the next photo and found a video from one of his concerts id watched him at. This was a little while after id gotten out from the asylum and had started going places again. I didn't realise at the time who he was but when his eyes met mine and the flood of shock rushed over him I just knew I had to leave.

 I didn't realise at the time who he was but when his eyes met mine and the flood of shock rushed over him I just knew I had to leave

I scrolled to the next video and my heart almost broke. I could feel the tears falling down my cheeks and my breath shortening. After the last encounter with him stopping and staring maintaining eye contact with me I decided to ignore it. I was just over reacting having one of those moments when you think the singer is looking at you but he really isn't. I went to another one of his concerts still not realising who he was and once again was in the front row. He had made an announcement before singing that the song was dedicated to one of the girls in the front row but I just dismissed it. However now looking back I cant believe that even after my entire transformation he still recognised me.

 However now looking back I cant believe that even after my entire transformation he still recognised me

I wiped my tears and dried my eyes closing my laptop. I had too many things to process in my mind right now and thinking about Jared wasn't going to help me find out who Joker was at all.

Jokers P.o.v.

I got up from my seat and walked walked towards the staircase to find ________ only to see that she had moved. I called one of my guards and they wouldn't look at me in the eyes "She left the house" was the only responce I was given. My blood began to boil and my mind was going mental with all the thoughts about ________ leaving me. I wasn't going to let her get away after id spent the last 3 years trying to find her! I yelled throwing and smashing a glass vase and began ordering my men to locate her. "FIND HER BEFORE I LOSE MY SHIT EVEN MORE AND END ALL OF YOUR LIVES!" I screamed at them.

Ten minutes later one of my men came back to me and told me they were able to locate my sweetheart _______

Ten minutes later one of my men came back to me and told me they were able to locate my sweetheart _______. She had returned to her own home without me and had been searching through her laptop and looking up old videos of from when I was a singer. I would be lying if I said becoming a singer wasn't one of the ways to find her and keep her with me but it definitely was. I charged towards my car and once again put the car into ignition leaving the house as fast as possible.

I needed to find a way to make her stay with me at all times and love me the same way she used to. I'd become a monster for her! everything was for her! I thought she was dead 4 years ago when she disappeared. Everyone at school would blame me for her disappearance and say that it was bad luck to be associated with me because of it. The truth was that I was the only one looking for her! none of her friends tried searching for her, I was the only one who did anything to find her! I even went to her house every weekend to see if the family had heard anything but nothing had been found!

I swerved in and out of the lanes of traffic ignoring the traffic lights to focused on getting back my little obsession. When I thought she died and I was pined with the blame I began to lose my mind, I needed her just as much as I desired her. She was my world. My world had ended the day she was taken. She took everything with her and no matter what I did my cravings for her love, her touch, grew even more and more to the point where I found that dying was the only way out. Id driven my car off the banks and into the river near her house and I let the car fill with water. It was a failed attempt but now that i've found her im glad I didn't die.

Because my reason to live has returned!

Authors Note:

Hey everyone so I've got a heap of gifs that I wanna use throughout the story but idk if you guys like them? Let me know in the comments!

Here is a lil something something from the joker to the fandom <3