Chapter 18: A beautiful lie

Your P.o.v.

There was no point in trying to escape now, Ive made myself too involved in the situation. I was starting to finally realise the impact I was having on Joker and how he could lose control at any second. I stared numbly out the window of the car watching the traffic on the road pass us by, How did it all come to this? I slowly turned and faced him no emotion on my face. "why are you doing this?" I asked calmly as he pulled into our street. "Because you promised me you would never leave and you did".

He pulled up on the side of the road and took the keys out of the car, He opened his door and and slammed it shut. He walked around the back of the car as I unbuckled by seatbelt, I sat going over my thoughts for a few moments until the door opened. "what are you waiting for? get out" he held a hand out to me and I took it. Joker closed the door and locked up the car soon linking arms with me and pulling me inside. His men began to unload the boxes of my personal belongings and took them inside to the room across from jokers.

How did I know they were going there? because I knew joker was going to try and keep me as close to him as he possibly could. He was treating me as if I was his most prized possession that he couldn't function or possibly even live properly without. Joker let go of my arm once we reached the corridor between our rooms "go ahead" he pointed towards my new bedroom door. "Tell me what you think, don't lie" he sounded concerned but I continued into the room, turning the knob.

 "Tell me what you think, don't lie" he sounded concerned but I continued into the room, turning the knob

As I walked inside I could have sworn that I was in a completely different building. I looked over my shoulder with a surprised look on my face questioning J. "is this even real?" a smile formed on his face and he walked inside the room. "well you were gone for quite a white so I made a few adjustments to the room. I slowly turned back to the entrance of the room and walked around exploring the rooms. "I wasn't expecting this at all" I whispered to myself as I climbed up the small staircase.

I walked around the to the bookcase and saw multiple photo frames holding all my most precious memories. Some were filled with photographs of my family some of friends but the one thing that caught my eye on the shelf was the photo album. I gently picked it up and on the front it had "Always" written in black writing. I opened the book and the first page was a dedications page, I'd never seen this book before in my life yet here it was in this room. I flipped to the next page and once again I saw Jared's face looking back.

I stood there frozen in place, my feet felt like cement and the colour from my face drained. I couldn't take my eyes of the two photos on the page, I no longer just saw Jared I saw the joker as well. Everything about the two was so almost exactly the same, The same eyes, smile, stance the only thing thats stopped me from recognising him is his face makeup. His hair colour wouldn't have stopped me at all. I put the book down and stood there not knowing what to do.

 I put the book down and stood there not knowing what to do