~Chapter 39~ I Hate You

Manik's POV

After two years, I have seen her. Her angelic face, her long black hairs, her big doe eyes, her petite frame which just fits in to me perfectly. But, I saw her today in someone else's arms. It's hurting. Very very much. She saw me, she was looking at me yet she didn't let go of him. Does he plays that much major role in her life? Am I nothing to her now? did she really moved on?

I walked past the corridors and came out to take some fresh air, to get those images out of my head. She being in someone else's arms hurts me more than staying away from her. I sat down on a bench nearby, completely numb. I don't know what to feel right now. should I be happy that I saw her almost after two years? I searched for her like a maniac, waited for her. and today she is in front of me. Or should I be sad or hurt that she was trying to move on from me?

I burrowed my face in to my palm. As soon as I closed my eyes, only one thing I could see is Nandini in his arms. That just hurt. Tears ran down from my cheeks. Why Nandini? Why? It was that easy for you to move on?

I leaned back to the bench head board. I stopped my tears to come out. I closed my eyes. I remembered how she looked at me. She was shocked, surprised. May be she didn't expect me. I remembered the way she looked at me. When I last saw her, that time there was pain in her eyes, but today there was nothing. No feelings. Her eyes were hollow, devoid of any kind of feelings. I still affect her. That means maybe she isn't move on still.

Okay she was dancing, I know. But that close? What should I think right now I don't know? My heart is saying to trust her, her love. But my mind was continuous making me remember how she was in his arms. No... no... I can't again distrust her. I can't presume things. Yes. I can't. I need to talk to her. I will explain her everything and I know she will understand. But how I am going to talk to her? she is angry I know, but...

Suddenly I felt one hand patted over my shoulder. I looked up and saw Cabir standing there with a small smile. In all this, I just forgot that I saw him beside me, when I saw Nandini dancing with Aryaman. He sat beside me silently.

I gazed at my feet, I feel ashamed right now. I don't know how to say sorry to him. God... this is so difficult, how I am supposed to say sorry to Nandini then?

"Hi Manik?" he said gazing at a far tree, not looking at me.

I sighed and palmed my face "I am sorry" I whispered.

He laughed sarcastically and said "when someone says hi to you, you should reply in a same manner"

I looked at him, and he looked at me. He had a smile playing on his lips, that made me smile too.

"hi Cabir" I said in a low voice.

"so, finally you found us?" he asked in a surprised tone.

"yeah finally" I replied in an exhausted tone.

"so? I saw you, watching her dancing..." he left his sentence in complete. I stared at his face to understand what does he meant by that.

"yeah, after two years. You don't know how I spent those two long years. I... miss... Missed her" I chocked on my last words.

He again patted me on my back.

"sorry Cabir, I know, what I did is not just a small mistake. It was huge, it was crime. But... I am sorry. I understood my all mistakes, all my sins. I am sorry" I said almost on a verge of crying.

"I am not the one whom you should say all this" he said in a genuine tone.

We both sat in silence for some time. I can't believe I am sitting with Cabir, who was a prankster two years back. We both shared a very good friendship. Yes, in relation we were brother in laws, but we were more friends than that. But the relation was broken now. because of me. Because of my stupid anger I lost all my precious relations. I lost love of my life, I lost a good friend, I lost a caring sister, I lost all of them.