~Chapter 40~ Lovesick Boys

~IGNORE THE TYPING ERRORS~

Manik's POV

"none of your concern Mr. Malhotra" she said and ran out. I called for her "Nandini... Listen"

But it was too late, she was already out of the house. I tried to ran after him, but someone held my arms. I looked back and saw Cabir holding me. I started struggling in his hold.

"Cabir, leave me. I need to talk to her. leave." I was still trying to get out of his hold looking at the doorway. But he didn't let go off me.

"Manik, relax. Let me at least explain." I looked at him and stopped struggling. He gestured me to sit on the couch. I throw myself on the couch and rested my head on the headboard. This all is so tiring. First my flight, then my visit to college, Aryaman and Nandini's dance, Navya Didi's anger and moreover Nandini's ignorance and now she said she is going home. What the hell is that mean?

"are you thinking about what just she said?" Cabir asked looking at me.

I composed myself and turned to him "I don't know Cabir, I am just messed up right now, from the last one day, it has been a roller coaster ride, one moment up and one moment down." I buried my face in to my sweaty palms.

"what do you mean?" he asked confusingly.

"first the dance Nandini and Aryaman's. My insecurities, then Navya Didi's outburst, you bring me here. I had a hope, that we will be sharing one roof, I was scared but yet I was happy that she will be always in front of my eyes. But then no, God have to make it difficult for me. Another shock, she doesn't stay here. What logic is this?" I sulked at my destiny, which was clearly not in my team.

Cabir laughed a bit and said "I thought you will be happy; you don't have to manage two fiery sisters at the same time"

I glared at him and asked "but what is the mystery behind this another home?"

He let out a deep breath and said "she is a stubborn girl Manik. She wanted to be independent, so another house"

How foolish I thought. I mean I appreciate, she wanted to be independent but when your family is there, why one want to stay away from them, that too alone and that too in another house. Stupid Girl.

"can't we make her stay over here, I mean... I... I don't know" I got confused what should I say.

"no, it's been two years since she is staying in another house, so let it be. Don't try to change her, try to understand her Manik" he said

I understood what he meant. Yes, she doesn't have to change for me or for anyone else. I need to understand her lifestyle and then decide what can I do to make her come to me again.

"let's go, it's almost lunch time" he said and walked out.

Lunch time, I have to face Navya Didi again. God...!! Why on earth these Murthy sisters are so difficult.

----------------

I sat down on the dining chair in front of Cabir and Navya Didi. Navya Didi's glare was scaring hell out of me. She was looking at me like she wants to eat me alive. I looked down and composed myself.

You can do this Manik, yes, you can do this. For Nandini, for you and for Love.

I looked up and saw they already had started eating.

I took a deep breath and said "Navya Didi.."

"Navya, its Navya for you" she said coldly, not looking at me.