~Chapter 44~ New Entry?

Manik's POV

I cringed my eyes on sudden light. Ahhh..... my head is aching badly. Damn... why do I even drink so much? Wait, I drank because I saw Nandini and Aryaman dancing together. I sighed deeply still closing my eyes. Suddenly I felt a heavy weight over my chest. I slowly opened my eyes to see. What I saw was enough to make me smile and forget about my unbearable pain in my head.

I saw Nandini sleeping peacefully hugging me from my waist. Her head was on my chest. Her beautiful long hairs spread across the pillow on which we were laying. I touched her long traces and inhaled her scent. How I wished to wake up every morning. I closed my eyes and leaned near her and pecked her forehead.

I don't know how we landed on one bed, what happened last night. I don't know anything. And you know what I don't even care, because right now she is in my arms, sleeping. That was just perfect, I didn't want to ruin it.

"Promise me you won't leave" "I promise" I closed my eyes to remember those sentences. But I couldn't remember anything unless these two lines, one was spoken by me and another was spoken by Nandini. I held my head tightly to control the awful ache.

I felt Nandini waking up a little. I saw her and her eyes were half open. She looked so cute.

I brushed her chubby cheeks and whispered "are you real or am I dreaming... hmm?"

She smiled a bit and suddenly she opened her eyes with jerk and reality hit her hard. She pushed me away and sat up on the bed. Her hairs were at mess. Her dress was a little messed up due to sleeping. She hurriedly adjusted her dress and looked at me. I smiled a bit. She gave me a glare and stood up from bed to leave the room.

I hurriedly sat on the bed and said "you promised you won't leave"

She stopped at her place but she didn't turn back. I waited for her answer.

"how to break the promise that I have learned from you only Manik" she said coldly. And Ouch...!!! That hurts me. In heart and head too. She said a bit loudly, which caused immense pain in my head.

I hissed in pain and she turned to me. I closed my eyes to control my pain. I didn't want to show her that I was in pain.

"I will send lime water for you. It will be good for your headache." She said and left the room. while I sat there still holding my head. God....!!! Finally, after long I stood up and freshen up and went down for breakfast.

I couldn't understand Nandini's cold behaviour. She did take care of me last night, I know. I could remember bits, she smiled, she got irritated. Then why sudden anger again. Did I do something wrong last night? Shit...!! If I would have then she is not going to forgive me. Ek to already itna gussa hai, wapas gussa dila diya maine use. I looked up to God and murmured few abuses for him. Like he never helps me, in fact he always put me in these kind of situation.

Whatever it is, I think I should say sorry for last night to Nandini.

I climbed down the stairs and found Navya Didi and Cabir already settled on the breakfast table with Abeer. That made me smile instantly. In few days I have grown quite a good relation with Abeer, he now quickly remembers me.

I went to him and ruffled his soft hair and bent down on his level "Good Morning Abeer."

He smiled and pulled my hair, yeah that's his way of saying good morning. I smiled at him and said "Abeer, you have to say good morning. Come on say 'Good' 'Morning'" I said pressuring the words individually.

"doodh.... Morni" he said in toddler voice. And I went all awe on him. Excitedly I pulled his chubby cheeks and kissed him hard on his cheek. He cringed his nose and Cabir laughed on his face.