2- The Girl Shops

Sutton

"Blue just isn't your color," My sister tells me with a shake of her head as she looks at the dress that I'm wearing in the dressing room.

I scoff at her, "If it's not my color then it's not your color either. That's a neat thing about twins. So if the dress doesn't look good on me then it won't look good on you either."

"But it's perfect for me," She explains and she just stops there because she knows that she has absolutely no logic to back her up. The dress looks really good on me (meaning that it'll look really good on her too) but it's the only one in our size and we both want to buy it for the same party. She's not going to talk me out of choosing this dress though.

"You should have found it first then," I inform her, spinning around in the mirror one more time. It's a fancy New Year's party that one of our friends is putting together for charity and it's a really fancy party that demands really fancy dresses. Which is why we've started our search three months early. "You still have a few months. Maybe you'll find a dress that really speaks to you."

"This one really speaks to me," She insists. "Sutton, please."

"You'll have to find a dress that I like better," I say before going back into the dressing room to take it off. I could just stare at myself in the mirror in this dress all day long but I eventually do have to buy it and I can't exactly walk through the mall in a blue gown.

"Fine," She huffs from the other side of the thin door as I'm sliding the straps off of my shoulders. In the dressing room, I can't help but look at myself in the dress again in the full length mirror on the other wall.

My long dark brown hair falls down my back and when I look at my face, my big brown eyes stare back at me with so much optimism. The school year has just started and at the beginning of a semester, there's always so much motivation to get things done. The beginning of a fall semester in college is just full of so much optimism. Maybe the football team will win the championship this year. Maybe that cute guy that sits next to you in calculus will ask you out. Maybe you'll pass all of your classes. Maybe you'll actually go to office hours and eat healthy and go to the gym and study like you're supposed to.

Maybe you'll do everything right.

My full lips curl into a smile as I appreciate how the lacy blue gown hugs my thin frame and although my butt isn't the biggest, this dress makes it look relatively round and there was cleavage but it was hidden behind a layer of see-through blue lace. My breasts aren't very big either but they're appropriate for my small frame. And although my legs are very long, this dress falls all the way down to the ground.

It looks like it was made for me.

Which means that it looks like it was made for my sister too considering that we're identical so I'm really going to have to fight her off of me when it comes to wearing it on New Year's Eve.

Saying goodbye to the dress one last time, I completely slip it off of my body and step out of it. After I get dressed in my skinny jeans and t-shirt, I put the dress back on the hanger and take the rest of the dresses that I had tried on to put them in the discard rack.

"What about this one?" Lana tries another dress, holding up a purple dress with sequins covering the bust area which makes me cringe.

"I hate sequins," I remind her. "I'm getting this dress."

She pouts at me but turns back around to put the dress back. We've already been in this store for more than enough time and my feet are starting to ache so we only buy the blue dress with the plan to get lunch before going back at it with the next clothing store to find a dress for Lana.