4- The Girl Works

Sutton

The guy that Lana slept with last night stayed in our apartment overnight which I expected. I could tell last night that he was here because he left his shoes and his shirt in the living room. I had come back way later than Lana did, I stayed out with our friends at the party until three or so in the morning, so they were done doing what they were doing before I got back. At least, I think so.

Let's just say that they were quiet, whatever they were doing.

This morning though, I had to get up kind of early to go to work which is fine for me because I'm not one to get bad hangovers, I just pop some Aspirin in the morning and I'm good to go. This morning is no different.

Wearing denim shorts and a gray shirt with a floral pattern on the sleeves, I grab a pair of gray Toms and slip them on before going out into the kitchen to get some breakfast since I have some time before I have to leave for the library. I grab a lemon yogurt from the fridge and hop onto the counter to sit while I eat it. Sure, we have a dining room table and a couch and a lot of other normal places to sit but I like to sit on the counter and because this is half my apartment, I can do whatever the hell I want.

 Sure, we have a dining room table and a couch and a lot of other normal places to sit but I like to sit on the counter and because this is half my apartment, I can do whatever the hell I want

As I'm eating my yogurt in peace, I hear a door open down the hallway. Our shower has been running for a while (luckily, our shower and toilet are in two separate rooms) so I'm assuming that it's the guy she brought home last night because she always takes long showers and usually when a guy spends the night, they don't hop into the shower first thing.

The tall blonde guy appears around the corner just as I had suspected and when he sees me, he gives me a curious look. Considering his shirt is lying on the ground by the couch, it makes sense that he's shirtless and I must say, my sister did well. He was so sure about which one of us was Lana last night, when we were wearing two separate outfits but now that we've changed, I can tell by the look of panic on his face that he doesn't know if he slept with me or my sister last night.

"Good morning, sailor," I greet him after he doesn't say anything, probably too afraid to ask the question that's running through his mind.

"Good morning," He responds slowly, walking farther into the living room. "Are you-"

"She's in the shower," I interrupt him, hopping off of the counter to throw away my empty yogurt cup and the spoon gets tossed into the sink. "But I made coffee so help yourself."

"Alright. Thanks," He mutters.

"Tell her that I left for work when she gets out," I add before I grab my over the shoulder bag from the coat rack by the door and head out the door.

Our apartment building is just a block away from campus so it's not a far walk to the tall library where I work. It's not the most exciting job in the world but I get to keep to myself, which I like. I'm not really an introverted person but I do like to have some time alone to just think about things. Being with my sister all of the time, we're always getting into situations together and it's all amazing and fun but this time at work is a good time for me to just take a breath and slow down for a bit.