37- The Girl Premiers

Lana

"I like the way he looks at me like he sees the entire universe in my eyes."

"I like the way she says my name, it sounds like Beethoven's tenth symphony in her voice."

"I like the way he holds me when I'm afraid of the world. The world can be so scary sometimes. I don't feel afraid when I'm with him."

"I like the way she hugs me at the end of a long day like I'm the only one who can make her feel okay."

"I like the way he smiles at poetry that's supposed to be sad. It wasn't because she enjoyed sadness but because she could find the beauty in anything."

"I love the way that she chews her gum. It sounds ridiculous to enjoy something so small, something that nobody else would ever notice."

"I love the way he bunches up his nose when I say a bad joke. I always think that they're funny but he never laughs, just bunches up his nose like a rabbit because he doesn't like my puns."

"I always loved the way she chewed her gum. She would take a whole piece and split it into two and only chew a half. When I asked her why she did this, she said that it was because if she ate it in two parts, the flavor lasted longer. I love that."

"I love the way we dance in the kitchen after dark even though there's no music because we've got our own rhythm and the light from the streets comes in through the windows and I can see how he looks at me even when he's tired in the middle of the night, like he just can't get enough of me."

"I love the way that she takes extra care to make sure that she enjoys everything to its fullest and she goes to great detail to do so."

"I love the way that he can always think up new adventures for us to go on. Dancing in the kitchen, going on a hike, petting dogs at the shelter, or just sitting together on a hill in a park. Just being with each other is an adventure, no matter where we are. I love that."

"I love the way she blows bubbles with her gum and when she gets a bubble so big that it can touch her chin, she'll laugh and get my attention to show me how big the bubble is. If her bubble pops before it touches her chin, she'll make a disappointed 'oomf' sound and try again."

"I love the way he loves me."

"I love watching her cut her gum in half, I love watching her try to blow her bubbles, I love listening to her disappointed grunts and her laughter when she succeeds, and I love how she scrambles for my attention when it gets big enough."

"I loved how he sang in the shower, the same song every time because it was his favorite. But that song wasn't really that good."

"I loved the way she chewed her gum. Until slowly, I started to realize how goddam annoying it all really was."

"I didn't love it anymore when I wrote him sad poems that made him smile. They're sad."

"I didn't love it anymore when she said my name. The symphony was over, she sounded like all of the instruments were slowly dying and going flat."

"I still love the way he loves me."

"I see beauty in her eyes."

"I hate the way he never laughs at my jokes."

"I hate the way she is constantly spewing puns that aren't funny, getting mad at me when I don't laugh."

"I hate the way she has to bother me when she's chewing her gum, when her bubble gets so big. I'm busy, I don't have the time for her childish games today."