35- The Girl is Getting a Hug

Lana

"This film is due in T-minus six days," I inform Levi on our last session to get everything ready and prepared for our filming on class on Monday. We have almost a week left but we're both so busy with our other classes that we agreed to get it done a little bit early. With winter break coming, final exams are coming too and those are pretty stressful. "This is it. We've been working on this thing for months and it's finally happening."

"I know," He says with a small smile. "It's kind of exciting. We had a good time."

"We did," I confirm. "And it was a total success. I'm having a fancy little showing with my friends at my apartment next Thursday before we all leave for winter break. You should come brag with me."

"Yeah, sure. That sounds like fun."

"And you can bring Addison, of course," I add quickly. "There will be a lot of people there."

"She'll like to see the film, I haven't showed it to her yet," He says and then he looks down at the table because he doesn't like talking about Addison to me, not after what happened at his brother's house over the weekend. Things aren't terribly awkward so I'm confident that we'll get passed this. I'll get over my crush and we'll move on as friends.

"It'll suck not having class with you next semester," I realize because after this semester, we'll have completely new class schedules and we don't have any classes together next semester.

"We'll still hang out," He assures me.

"I know," I agree with a nod. "Anyway, we should get to work. Sutton is having boy troubles so I should get back to the apartment as soon as possible."

"Boy trouble with Jonah?" He asks me, seemingly surprised which I understand because they have seemed like such the perfect couple that it's kind of bizarre that they're arguing. Or that he's mad at Sutton—I haven't gathered the entire situation but I do know that it involved Devon. I knew when he started talking to her again that he was going to cause problems. I'll probably go punch that dweeb in the nose if I have to.

"Yep. It's a good thing that everybody is having their boy problems right before the big gala," I say sarcastically and I guess that when I say 'everybody', I'm including me and when I say 'boy problems' I'm talking about Levi and I guess that I shouldn't have said that because we're just barely getting over our awkwardness as it is. He doesn't seem to notice or react to that though. "You're going, right?"

"I am. Addison brought her prom dress from home," He tells me. "She's really excited."

"Everybody is. Carmen is an amazing party planner," I say to him. "Anyway, back to the film."

"Right," He agrees. "I think it's mostly all set, we just need to do a few run throughs to fix any of the small issues."

"Yeah. I ran through it a few times last night and I noticed something that sounded weird around the three-minute mark," I say as I'm pulling out all of the notes that I made yesterday when I was working on the film in my apartment.

"That's a lot of notes," Levi notices when he sees all of my scribbled writing.

"Oh, yeah, I get very inspired toward the end of a project. It's where everything really starts to come together for me so I get a lot done," I explain to him. "And I want this project to be perfect. We don't have any classes together next semester so this might be the only chance that we have to work together."

"We still have next year," He suggests. "We might get a class together next semester. But even if we don't, that doesn't mean that we can't do another project together—it just won't be for a class."