22- The Girl Gets Lucky

Sutton

Three weeks since Jonah and I have made our relationship official, we're still going strong. We spend all of our free time together, making out or just studying or watching Netflix. As long as we're together, I'm in a good mood. Devon hasn't bothered me since we saw each other by the café which is good. Lana is always busy with her film project so it's not like I'm ditching her for my boyfriend. They start filming tomorrow so she and Levi are pretty hectic.

I know that we're going pretty well and I'm afraid that we're just on the verge of things going wrong. I have no reason to believe that other than my past experiences, knowing that around one month, you start getting used to the other person. Their cute quirks start getting annoying, you feel comfortable enough to tell them if something is annoying you and that can cause fights.

That kind of scares me but it's also kind of exciting because once you start feeling comfortable with each other, even if that brings arguments, it means that you're becoming a serious couple. And I'm so excited to be in a serious relationship with Jonah.

Speaking of Jonah, I only have ten more minutes of my shift at the library before we're going to meet for dinner and then he's going to spend the night at my apartment since it's a Friday. We haven't had sex yet but my usual policy is waiting three weeks. I'm not exactly planning when we'll have sex, I'm just going to see how things go and we'll take it from there. But I will say that as of Wednesday after we got into a pretty heated make out session, I've had a condom in my bag at all times.

"Hey," Jonah surprises me by greeting me as I'm finishing up my shelving of the arts section.

"Hey," I smile at him. I'm eager to finish up my job so that we can hang out so I don't stop my work to kiss him or anything so that I can finish as soon as possible. "I thought that we were meeting in the Union for food."

"Yeah, I remembered that I had to return that Swamp Fox book so I decided to come say hi," He explains.

"How'd your project go?" I ask him, keeping my voice quiet so that I don't disturb the students that are up here to study in silence.

"What project?"

"The project that you were doing on that Swamp Fox guy," I remind him with a confused frown. "You remembered to do it, didn't you?"

"Oh," He says as if he's just now remembering this project. "Yeah, I got it done."

"Why don't you sound so sure about that?" I ask him curiously, noticing that there's something off about this.

"I'm sure," He confirms with a nod. "Yeah, I got the project done. It went well."

"Alright then," I say with a small laugh. I still don't believe him, he's acting like something is up, but I just continue shelving the books on my metal rack so that we can get out of here. "Whatever you say, weirdo."

"There was definitely a project," He insists even after I've let it go. "And I am definitely taking a U.S. history class."

"I never questioned that you were. Until now, that is," I finish putting away the books but now I'm curious as to what he's talking about so I lean against the shelf and look at him quizzically.

"And I definitely didn't make all of that stuff up just to talk to you," He finally admits.

"You did not."

He shrugs at me. "I might have. I didn't know how else to talk to you."

"Oh my god," I coo teasingly. "That's adorable. I can't believe you did that."