36- The Girl Finds Out

Sutton

Jonah is mad at me because I lied to him about meeting with Devon that one time. And now, because he's completely overreacting about it, I'm also annoyed with him. At first, I was completely apologetic and just wanted to make it up to him but that was before he started acting like this is the end of the world and that I'm leaving him for my ex, which obviously is not happening.

I try to call him the next morning just to see if he'll answer but he doesn't. Because he's being petty.

"Channel all of your worked-up energy into helping me decide on some last-minute decorations," Carmen says in my apartment when she notices how irritated I am.

"Why are you all worked-up?" John asks me because there's a few people here all to help Carmen with the gala. It's happening in three weeks now so she's asking for everybody to put in an effort so that this can be an amazing dance.

"Jonah is being ridiculous," I mumble. "But it's fine. What do you need help with?"

"I can't decide between these," She hands me two pictures of different decoration options and asks me to choose between the two.

"I'm pretty excited for this thing," RJ announces from beside John on the couch. Since they're roommates, they practically do everything together. It's adorable but also kind of funny that I've never seen them away from each other. "I think that I've got a date."

"Really?" Carmen wonders. "Do we know her?"

"No," He shakes his head at us. "But she's really nice and she seems kinda into me so I'm going to try to ask her to go with me after our class tomorrow."

"Speaking of romance drama, is Lana here?" Carmen asks me.

I shake my head. "No, she's at the library studying for exams. What kind of drama do you have that I wouldn't know about?"

"Well, it's more about Tristan than it is about her," She explains. "You know that he's friends with my buddy Will, the guy in the humane society club with me?"

"What about it?" I ask her impatiently, needy for the gossip that pertains to my sister.

"Will said that Tristan seems kind of into Lana. Like, as in more than just what they are right now," Carmen informs us. "Will and Tristan are pretty good friends and he said that Tristan has never acted like this with any other girl. He's never been with the same girl for so long or talked about her as much as he talks about Lana."

"That... is an absolute disaster," I realize. "She's definitely not into him like that, she likes Levi."

"But Levi likes his girlfriend," John adds, stating the obvious. "What a crazy web that is."

"That's so fucked," RJ agrees. "Poor Tristan. And Lana. So who is Lana going to take to the dance?"

"I have no idea," I admit with a shrug. "Maybe nobody. She really doesn't like Tristan like that, she just thinks that they're sleeping together sometimes."

"So the only 100% happy couple that is going to the dance right now is Tess and Dawson," Carmen realizes. "That's incredibly ironic. I mean, it's always been obvious that they'd get together but the fact that none of us have a solid date is just kind of sad."

"I do," I speak up. "I mean, Jonah and I aren't on the best of terms at the moment but we're still going to go to the gala together. We'll definitely have our shit together by then."

"I think so too," John agrees with a nod. "You two are like the couple of the century, you'll definitely be fine in a few days."

"And what are we doing after the gala by the way? Are we hitting a bar or anything?" RJ slightly changes the subject.