23- The Girl Starts Filming

Lana

The next morning, I wake up next to Tristan. He's already awake, doing something on his phone, and I take a moment to just lay there. He doesn't realize that I'm awake so I just stare at him and it sounds creepy but I have my reasons. I keep thinking about what Levi had said about seeing something in a person's eye—a sparkle, he called it—and I know that when we were watching TV that night, I think that I saw it in his eye.

So I look at Tristan and I try to find it there too because I'm sure that this 'sparkle' that Levi was talking about really isn't that rare and if I look hard enough, I'll see it in Tristan too. Not because I want to have a relationship with him or anything but just because I need to prove to myself that it wasn't something special when I saw it in Levi.

Tristan has beautiful hazel eyes, more brown at the center and then fades into a green color the farther from the pupil. They're big eyes but not too big for his face and they're slanted just a little bit. Very beautiful eyes. But I stare at them for a good five minutes, searching for this so-called sparkle and I'm coming up dry.

Maybe I only saw it in Levi because I was kind of drunk and it was dark. We had a good night and he had put the idea in my head. Because now, I'm definitely not seeing it in Tristan.

"Good morning," I mumble to Tristan as I give up my search for the stupid sparkle. I've decided now that it really was just the alcohol that made me see something in Levi that night. I'm being ridiculous, thinking that it's real. Eyes are just eyes. They only sparkle when the light hits them the right way but there's nothing romantic about that, it's just lighting.

"Good morning," He greets me, putting his phone down immediately and he looks over at me with a small, tired smile. "You have to go soon."

"What time is it?" I ask him as I start the search for my phone.

"Ten," He says. "I wasn't sure if you wanted me to wake you up or not."

"That's alright, I have just enough time for a shower," I decide, finding my phone on the nightstand beside me so I grab it just to check for any messages. There's nothing so I put on one of Tristan's shirts and get out of the bed. I find my panties and put those on too. "I'm going to make some coffee first."

"Sure," He says. I kiss his cheek and then leave the room to go into his kitchen. His apartment is pretty big but he has three roommates so it's pretty messy and crowded too. I've met his roommates only briefly and they're nice, I guess. One of them always looks at my boobs, another one is constantly talking about video games (it's cool that he's passionate about something but they're not my thing), and the other one is from India and although he speaks English very well, he's almost always speaking another language despite the fact that nobody around him knows what he's saying.

As I'm making coffee for Tristan and I, the boob guy walks into the kitchen.

"Oh, hey," He greets me, seemingly surprised to see me here. "Lana, right?"

"Yeah," I offer him an awkward smile. I feel kind of awkward because I don't remember his name at all.

"I guess I should really learn your name since you seem like you'll be around for a while," He says as he yawns and then opens the fridge behind me.

"I am?"

"I assume so," He mumbles. He sounds tired, he's probably just waking up. "Tristan hasn't ever had a girl around as long as you've been around. He doesn't really date."

"We're not dating," I tell the guy. I keep myself facing the counter so that he can't stare at my chest and even if he's looking at my bare legs, at least I can't see him doing it.