17- The Girl Has Auditions

Lana

"I'm ready to sleep for at least ten years," Levi tells me with an exhausted yawn.

I look at the roster on the table in front of me. "We're not even halfway through yet."

He sighs and I can agree with him because I'm pretty tired too. We've been doing these auditions for our film all day because apparently, a lot of people on campus want to be actors. We're not even paying them, most of them are art students who just need the film for their portfolio or something. The other people that are here are just looking for something to do, maybe to get some free food.

Sutton and Carmen are in the lobby of the building, organizing all of the people auditioning and then they are sending in the next person when it's time so Sutton sends in the next girl to audition and we perk up again so that she doesn't think that we're zombies.

"Hello," I greet her. "What's your name?"

"Molly," She responds with a wide smile. "Uh. Molly Rightcart."

I find her name on the roster in front of me and prepare to take notes beside her name. It has some of her info written on here too including the fact that she's a junior here, a visual arts major, and playing for the part of the main female character. "Alright, you've read the script?"

She nods in confirmation. "Yep, I have."

"And do you have any questions before we get started?"

She shakes her head no.

"Go ahead and start when you're ready," I instruct the petite redheaded girl. We never decided on physical descriptions of our characters so that we can audition all types of people for the parts. Although it's been almost impossible, I've tried to not let myself get an idea of the characters in my head, to decide what they look like before we've auditioned for the parts.

Molly clears her throat as if to get into character and then she recites the script that we'd sent out to everybody auditioning. Well, we'd given them two scripts—one for a monologue and one for a two-person scene. Right now, we're just doing the monologue and then we'll bring back the people that we like for the two-person scene to test chemistry.

"I used to love the way he chewed his bubblegum," Molly starts the bubblegum quote that Levi had written. She says it with a lot of conviction too, her green eyes widening with emotion at all of the right times. Her voice is soft, sounding very innocent and I don't know if that's how she's playing the part or if that's just her voice but I like it. I think that our main female character is an innocent girl.

When she's finished, Levi thanks her and then she exits through the door that she came in from.

"I liked her," I say, writing down some stuff on my notepad as Levi is doing the same.

"I did too," He confirms with a nod. "A little quiet, I thought."

"Maybe a bit quiet," I agree but we don't get much time to discuss Molly before Sutton is sending in the next girl. The next girl is a lot taller than Molly with dark brown hair and tan skin. I greet her with a friendly smile like I did with Molly. "Hello, what's your name?"

"Addison Davenport," She responds with a sweet smile. "I just have a few questions about the script before we start, if that's alright?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"Okay, so is this character bitter, sad, or is she reminiscing of fond memories of an old relationship?" She wonders curiously. "Because the emotion is a little vague and I just want to get it right."