You Again ?

I Woke Up The Next Morning To The Aroma Of Breakfast. I Peeked Through One Eye To See Chris Coming Through The Food With A Food Tray In His Hand.

"I Know Your Woke," He Commented, Not Even Bothering To Look At Me. "I've Got Surprise." My Eyed Were Still Closed But I Knew He Was Hovering Over Me.

"My Moms In The City."

With This I Jolted Right Up From The Bed. "And You Didn't Tell Me!" I Yelled Hitting Him With A Pillow.

"Oh But I Thought You Were Sleep And I'm Telling You Know." He Laughed. "I Told Her We'd Meet Her For Lunch Later."

During The Months Following CJ's Passing Chris's Mom Helped Out A Lot. Even Though She Didn't Meet Her Unborn Grandson Or Even Knew He Existed, Being That We Didn't Really See Or Talk To Eachother Until After The Death. She Just Knew I Was Going Through Some Shit And Neither Of Us Ever Corrected . We Got Real Close But I Haven't Talk To Mama J Since Me And Chris Went To Hawaii.She Doesn't Even Know Im Pregnant Yet.

"Did You Tell Her About...." I Trailed Of And Just Rubbed My Belly To Let Him Know Where I Was Going With The Sentence.

"Why Do You Think I Flied Her Out Here?" He Smiled Kissing My Belly, Which Made Me Giggle Like Usual.

"I Missed Mama J. I Haven't Talk To Her Since Out First Night In Hawaii."

"I Know, She Was Calling ME All Last Week Asking About You, I Told Her That We Weren't On The Best Terms. Which Made Her Ask Even More Questions. What Did You Do To My Baby. You Better Go Over There And Apologize To Her Right Now. Which I Always Replied With Okay Ma When I Have A Chance." I Could Imagine Her Saying This. She Always Did Take My Side When Chris Would Stumble Into The House Late At Night With The Scent Of Liquor Surrounding Him. Always Saying That He Needs To Be Here With Me And Be A Man Something I Was To Out Of It To Say On My Own.

"You Think I Can Hide The Bump, Im Not Sure Im Ready To Tell Her." I Bite My Lip Nervously.

"It Looks Like You Swallowed A Watermelon." He Joked. Eyeballing My Belly.

"I'm Not That Big."

"Yes You Are. But I Love Your Bug Belly Because Little Me Is In There. Now Go Get Dressed." He Ordered As He Took A Bite Of Bacon, He Feed Me Some Eggs And I Took A Piece Of Bacon With Me When I Left To The Bathroom. After A Nice Shower I Got Dressed In A Simple Tan Maxi Dress, Paired A Gold Chain And Some Black Sandals, When I Went Into The Bedroom I Was Surprised To See Chris Already Dressed And Ready To Go. So We Made Our Way To A Small Dinner On a The West Side Of Town. I Spotted Joyce's Yellow Self The Second I Walked In.

"Mama J!" I Yelled As Soon As I Seen Her. She Was Smiling Ear To Ear Showing Off Her Dimples. I Always Wished I Had Dimples Like That.

"Oh Hello Baby," She Raised Her Arms To Hug Me But Stopped When Chris Moved Over, Revealing My Watermelon Sized Belly. "Well Hello Baby." She Redirected Her Attention To My Stomach. Gently Rubbing It. "Nobody Told Me I Was Gonna Be A Grandma!" She Smiled Even Harder. "So Tell Me Am I Gonna Have A Little Chris Or Little Maria."

"I Don't Know Yet I Want It To Be A Surprise."

"You Now Gotta Move Down Here To Help Out a With The Baby. I Wanna Be Called Mama J Still Because Grandma Sounds Old, You Know Joyce Still Got It. And You Chris...." I Watched As Mama J Lectured Chris On What's Its Like To Be A Father And As He Let The Words Bounce Back Off Not Listening To A Word She Said. Chris Loved His Mom, Would Kill For Her, For Both Of Us, But When It Comes To Her Lectures It Like She's Invisible. I Do Hear Some Words She Says Though. I Wouldn't Ask For A Grandbaby From Anyone Else. When We Have All Eaten And Caught Up, Mostly Me Telling Joyce About All The Shit Chris Been Doing Lately And Her Hitting Him Upside The Head, We Go Home. Watching A Movie And Playing Around A Little.