Not Mine

I opened the doors to the studio with rage. He left for seven days then had the nerve to say over twitter that he's, and I quote "In the studio with my niggas." With a photo of him Michael and August attached. After seven days of me in that house alone, constantly calling and texting him, after seven days of going crazy worrying about where he could be on twitter but could answer not one of my phone calls. Couldn't even inform me on his unknown whereabouts.

"Damn you gettin big!" Michael exclaimed as soon as I walked through the doors. "Looking like you ate a mini elephant."

"Hello to you too Michael, August. Can the two of y'all give me a moment alone with Chris?"

"Aww damn someone's in trouble." Michael joked as the two walked out of the room. I waited until the door closed before I redirected my attention back to Chris.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, eyes still glued to his phone.

"No hey Maria? No how've you been? No sorry for not coming home for a week I was busy in the studio! Is this where you've been sleeping for the past 7 days?"

"Did you come down here to yell at me? 'Cuz if you did-"

"I didn't come down here to yell at you. I came to get you to come back home. You know my due date was yesterday. Chris I am tired and pregnant and I don't have time to be stressin about where you are. The least you could've done was call me. I am 39 weeks pregnant I don't have time to deal with this shit."

"And I'm 24 years old, I don't have time to deal with your shit. I shouldn't have to worry about my ex giving my child up for adoption or her crazy ass ex boyfriend, having to bury my first child. I shouldn't have to deal with none of this bullshit but I do all because I love you but clearly you don't love me enough since your the one putting me through all of this shit! Your taking away my child, my flesh, my blood, and you expect to just come up here and hit me with some sob sorry. News flash mines is just as sad."

"I didn't come here to fight. I want you to come home."

"Well I'm not so you mind as well leave."

"This, this right here is why I'm giving the baby up for adoption. This right here is why the two of us can never have this child. This anger of yours takes over you and makes you act stupid. How do you expect to have a child if you can't even take care of yourself." I spat through clenched teeth. "Goodbye." I walked out of the room to be greeted with Micheal and August who were obviously eavesdropping.

"The two of you to talk to him because clearly nothing I'm saying is getting through. I want him home, tonight." I told the two. "And I want that bitch ass attitude of his gone. When he gets home I don't wanna argue. Talk to him." I demanded as I walked out of the studio.

As soon as I got home I got to work in the kitchen, letting my frustration out there. Making his favorites, peach cobbler, strawberry shortcake, fried chicken, greens, macaroni, the whole nine yard. Everything was almost finished when I heard a loud ruckus at the door. I already knew who it was so I didn't even bother turning when I felt strong hands wrap around my waist, followed by a trail of kisses down the nap of my neck. "Move." I laughed as I attempted to make a plate. My command was ignored as he continued to kiss and nibble on my neck, sending a tingly sensation through my body. He knew better than anyone that, that was my spot.

"Whatchu make?" He asked, barely

separating his lips from my neck.

"Chicken, greens, macaroni and your favorites."

"Peach cobbler or strawberry shortcake?"

"Both," I gloated, shoving a piece cake into his mouth."Is it good?"

"Mhmm. You cooked for me Imma tell all my niggas my girl now how to or whatever. You must really love me." He slurred. I knew his sudden niceness was only the liquor and marijuana, that was controlling him, speaking but at the moment I didn't care. His touch was like a drug, I had become so accustomed to it, and without it I was going insane.

"It's the least I could do."

"I miss you cooking for me. I miss you,"

The smell of weed filled my nose as his breath lingered on me from the kiss he just placed on my lips.

"Your drunk."

"No I'm not." He lied, sending a new wave of liquor sent my way.

"Maybe just a little." He admitted. "But I do miss you. You know that right?"

"Go to sleep." I pushed him off me so I could continue making the plate that I had nearly forgotten about.

"Come with me." He commanded, pulling me right back into his arms.

"I can't." I protested, pushing him onto the couch and walking back towards the kitchen. No matter how much I wanted to spend my night with Chris I knew it couldn't, for one when we woke up his attitude would be back to how it's been the past few weeks and two, I can't allow myself to get caught up on him when he's only gonna love me for a night. "I'll make you a plate if you want. Do you want one?" I awaited his response but it never came. "Chris?" This time I proceeded into the leaving room where Chris was knocked out. The slight opening between his lips mixed with the quiet snores that came from it was the cutest thing I've ever seen, bringing a smile to my face. "Goodnight." I whispered.

The touchy feely Chris was gone by the morning. He spent another day at the studio while I tried to stay awake, awaiting his return. My battle with exhaustion was lost, before I knew it I was being awaken by Chris who was sober this time around.

"Maria you gotta go to bed." He stated, as he ran his hand over his head in frustration. I don't know why me falling asleep on the couch was such a annoyance to him and I was too tired to bother finding out why.

"I'm tired." I groaned. "Can you carry me?" I asked. He let out a sigh but didn't protest. Effortlessly picking me, taking me into our bedroom.

"Thank you." I whispered as he laid me down on the bed.

"All I did was carry you to bed, no problem." He said turning towards the door to leave.

"Wait," I stopped him. "Can you stay with me? I just want you to stay. Even if it's just for tonight just stay with me."

"You want me stay until you fall asleep?" I nodded. Reluctantly he climbed into bed with me. Wrapping his arms around my body as he held me close, just like before all the fighting and the games. He just held me tight, in silence, as we drifted into sleep.

-

"Shit." I groaned as a sharp pain took over my lower abdominal. The warm liquid running down my leg, drenching the shits, confirmed my thoughts. "Chris! Chris!" I yelled, repeatedly hitting him in the process."

"What is it?" He asked turing in the bed . "Did you piss in the bed?" He tried jumping up but ended up getting caught in the covers, falling face first on the floor.

"I'm in labor."

"Your in what?"

"I'm in labor! Get my overnight bag and I'll meet you in the car!" I yelled, stumbling out to the car. He came running seconds behind me.

After 9 months it's time. I'm actually gonna have this child, this child that I can't keep, this child that I'm giving up for adoption, this child that's not mine.