Baby Shower

"What?"

"I'm Putting The Baby Up For Adoption."

"Over This?" He Said Upset. I Was The One Who Just Walked In On Him And That Bitch. I Should Be The Upset One.

"No. When You Were Gone For Those Few Months I Met Jamal. And You Know That. Jamal's A Social Worker And He Said He Could Find Someone To Adopt The Baby. And At The Time I Agreed. He Told Me I Had Until I Was 9 Months To Make My Final Decision. And I Have. I Want My Child To Grow Up In A Household With 2 Parents That Are Together, Not 2 Parents Who Are Constantly Fighting."

"I Won't Let You Do That. I'll Take You Court If That's What It Takes."

"Do You Really Think That'll Do Anything. You Have A Felony And Your On Probation, No Judge Is Gonna Give You Custody And You Know That."

"How The Fuck Could You Do This Shit To Me Ranae," He Yelled Enraged, Punching The Wall With Anger, Leaving A Dint. "Your Gonna Take My Child From Me Again! It Wasn't Enough To Take CJ Away. You Gotta Take This One Too." Tears Started To Flood My Eyes As Soon As He Said That. Destroying The Wall Was One Thing But Bringing CJ Into It Was Too Far.

"You Know My Biggest Fear Is That This Baby's Gonna Die Too. I Haven't Even Bother Finding Out The Sex, Picking Out Names, Setting Up The Bedroom."

"So You Already Knew You Were Giving It Up For Adoption?" I Nodded."How Long Have You Known About This?"

"I Just Made The Decision But -"

"What About That, Stay For The Baby Shit."

"At The Time I Was Gonna Call Off The Adoption But Then I Thought It Over, Were Never Gonna Be In A Healthy Relationship."

"I'm Not Gonna Sign The Papers."

"Chris Please-"

"I'm Serious. How Could You Do Some Shit Like This To Me. I'm Not Signing No Fucking Papers And I Want You Out My Fucking House. "

"You Can't Kick Me Out."

"Give Me One Reason Why I

Cant. "

"Because If I Go Out On Those Streets And Something Happens To Me Or This Baby You Won't Be Able To Live With Yourself. Especially If That Something Has To Do With Danny. The Baby May Not Be Growing Up With Us But It's Still Ours. You Know You'd Die If Something Happened To Him Or Her."

"Why Would I Care About A Child That I Can't Even Hold, That Won't Even Call Me Daddy. Just Because I'm The Sperm?"

"Your This Child's Father. Regardless Of If He Grows Up With You Or Not."

* * *

After Me And Chris's Argument Last Night He Ended Up Walking Out On Me And Sleeping On The Couch. When I Went In There This Morning He Got Up And Left. Today Was The Baby Shower So I Really Didnt Have Time To Worry About Him. I Was Setting Out The Food And Other Items When Chris Came Behind Me, I Looked At Him Through The Corner Of My Eye As He Stared At Me. Still Upset From Our Conversation The Pervious Day.

"So You Still Gon Go Through With The Baby Shower? What Are You Going To Do With All The Shit , Sell It?" He Finally Asked.

"I'm Gonna Give It To The Parents."

"They Can't Buy They Own Shit? How They Gon Raise A Child With No Money."

"They Have Money Chris. You Can't Adopt A Child If Your Broke."

"Man What," He Was Cut Off By The Doorbell Ringing. "This Conversations Not Over." He Called Behind Me, I Went To Open The Door Already Knowing Who It Was.