Stress, Jokes, and Flying: The Usual

Elizabeth posted a status
Is it too late to ask Peter Pan to bring me to Neverland so that I don't have to grow up?

Thalia: Well, look who's back. How long has it been?

Elizabeth: College apps, man. I'm telling you, applying to colleges have made me even more scared of dating.

Percy: Whaaat? Why!? 

Elizabeth: Um, sorry Percy, but I'd rather not tell you.

Percy: Hey, I'm a great friend to talk to! What are you looking for? Supportive? Caring? Oooh, I know... Solicitous?

Annabeth: The first time you actually use our Word of the Day and you choose now?

Elizabeth: Haha, it's okay. Sorry Percy, but I think I'll just talk to Piper. I mean, she's the daughter of Aphrodite, after all.

Percy: Leo, tell Elizabeth how how great my love advice is!

Leo: I'd give your advice a three.

Percy: ...

Leo: Uh, out of three...?

Elizabeth: Alright, fine! It's because years of striving for being good enough might still end in rejection and are people really any different???

 Percy: ... Yeah, maybe you should have gone to Piper

Annabeth: PERSEUS JACKSON

Elizabeth: At least I got that off of my chest.

___

Elizabeth posted a status
So... What did you guys do while I was gone?

Leo: Well, if you really want to know...

Leo: *dramatic pause* The right thing

Piper: Wow, since when?

Leo: Heyyy, you wound me, really.

Thalia: Honestly, I've had a rather stressful week. Wish astrology was a thing so that I could blame it on a constellation or a planet or something.

Nico: You can.

Nico: It's called Earth.

Percy: I know what can cheer you guys up! A joke! :)

Annabeth: Oh gods...

___

Percy posted a status
Okay okay, why can't you hear a pterodactyl go to the bathroom?

Thalia: Really, Seaweed Brain? Because the "p(ee)" is silent.

Percy: ... Well :(

Nico: Wrong, because it's dead.

Percy: Now I'm sad too :(((

Thalia: Really Nico, really?

Nico: Okay, fine, I'll make it up to you, gods

Nico: Why can't a T-Rex clap?

Thalia: *sighs* Because it's dead

Nico: No, because its arms are too short, gods Thalia

___

Percy posted a status
Apparently there's no train from New York to California... Why isn't this a thing!? Wasn't there some transcontinental railroad that they made a big deal about in history??

Jason: Aw, we were hoping to see you soon. Can't you take a plane?

Percy: Yes, right, that's totally going to happen.

Jason: Didn't my dad agree to not try to kill you for trespassing anymore? Why are you still scared to fly?

Percy: Oh, I'm totally fine with flying.

Percy: It's the plummeting thousands of feet to my death that I have a problem with.

Elizabeth: Okay, before this gets even more sad and sarcastic, I'm just going to end this.

fin.

___

(A/N): What is this? An update? Seriously!? Wow, miracles can happen. I actually did get into college, whoo! UChicago Class of 2022 ^.^

Anyway, I don't know if it's my self-deprecating sense of humor, but this chapter was also inspired by my tumblr, so that would explain the sarcasm and one liners. I've used most of these with my "Incorrect Harry Potter Quotes" tumblr (devanofficial.tumblr.com if you want to check it out *hint hint* *wink wink*). I actually do post there quite consistently. It's a shock, I know.

Well, since I've gotten into college and only need to worry about grades for one more week before I'm done with second quarter and can stop caring so much, expect more updates! Hopefully. I will probably try to prioritize my another "actual" book though (All These Things We've Done, which is a Dramione fanfic). 

Anyways, thanks for sticking with me guys :)

-Elizabeth