If I Could Lay Here Forever

It was storming outside of their hotel room in Barcelona, Spain. Ashley had just gotten out of the shower  after Jerome and Adam left. Mitch was on the double bed he and Ashley shared, on Twitter. 

He was still getting over the fact that he and Ashley, who he had only met in person this week, were sharing a double bed for two days. The dumb hotel couldn't have three to a room, so Nice Guy Mitch offered to stay with Ashley so she wouldn't feel left out. It wasn't actually that bad, he shouldn't be complaining. Ashley was actually really cool and so far, there hadn't been any awkward moments. Although, they hadn't actually slept in the bed yet. What would this night come to? Honestly, he was scared to know.

Mitch's POV:

I heard the water turn off, and then a few minutes later, Ashley came out, wearing her pajamas. She gave me a small smile as she dried her hair. I tried not to stare. It was a little more difficult than I wanted it to be. She was wearing short-but-not-too-short shorts that framed her ass and a tank top that seemed to scoop unbelievably low. Mitch, stop. Just a friend. That's all she is. Two more nights? He didn't think he would be able to survive. He hadn't been in a relationship with anyone in a while, and he was starting to miss it. He still wasn't completely sure if he really liked Ashley that way, she was hot and all, but he was afraid she didn't like him. He thought she liked Jerome.

Ashley's POV:

I had just gotten out of the shower, now I was on the bed next to Mitch. I was on the bed next to Mitch. The sentence was so strange, but it made me feel so giddy inside. I was so glad when Mitch offered to stay with me, I didn't want to stay with Jerome because he hangs out in his underwear too much, and not Adam because I just wasn't comfortable, I guess. Besides, I actually really like Mitch, I have since I started collabing with Team Crafted. And now, sitting on he bed next to him, feels like the best thing ever. We're both on Twitter and as I scroll past, I see a picture of Jerome's face on Miley Cyrus riding on a wrecking ball. I laugh out loud at the sight of it.

"What's so funny?" Mitch asks, looking up.

"It's...just...Jerome! Look." I say between breaths, offering up my phone. He slightly leans in to see, but then pulls back and says, "Pfft, I can't see behind your poof!" I giggle.

"Oops, my bad. Here." I say, moving my hair behind my ear so he can see better. Mitch leans in closer, and our heads slightly touch. My heart skips a beat. When he sees the picture, he gives a throaty laugh, and leans back so that he's laying down. 

Mitch's POV:

So it's official. I like her. It's probably the lamest thing ever, but when I touched her to see that ridiculous picture of Jerome, I decided my feelings for her. And I wanted to make a move, and I know how I'm going to do it. 

"Hey Ash, I don't know about you, but I'm kinda bored. Wanna watch a movie? I hear there are some really good ones we can rent downstairs...if you like horror." I offer. "Oh, sure. I love horror!" she replies cheerfully. Great. Now what movie? "Okay," I say. "I'll go pick something out. You make the popcorn. There should be some in the cabinet." And I leave.

Ashley's POV: 

Wait. Is this...a date? I hadn't really been thinking about watching a movie when Mitch asked, and I have next to no experience with dating, but now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it is. Oh my god. I think. Well, at least it's a movie, so I don't have to talk too much. I quickly walk into the bathroom and fix my hair and then put the popcorn in the microwave. I'm getting it back out when Mitch comes in with the movie in his hands. It's Insidious. 

"Nice pick." I say, pouring the popcorn into bowls.

"Have you seen it before?" he asks, looking slightly concerned.

"No," I say. "Have you?" He shakes his head. We grab the popcorn and plop down on the bed, a comfortable distance apart, not touching. I lean back and Mitch follows, my poof just reaching his head. He doesn't seem to notice. He flips on the T.V and hits play. 

The movie actually turned out to be pretty scary. Towards the end, there's a really bad jump scare that gets me. I jump. Mitch laughs. It got him too. He then casually lifts his arm and gently places it behind me, then looks at me to see if it's okay. Instead of making eye contact, I lean into his arm and relax there. By the time the movie ends, I have my head on his shoulder and his head is on mine. I don't want to move. He stays there, so apparently he doesn't either. I shift slightly and feel his eyes on the top of my head. I look up into his penetrating stare. For a moment we just look, the message clear to both of us. Then, he takes me by surprise and leans in, our lips connecting. 

Mitch's POV: 

I had to do it. I had to kiss her. It felt so good, my relief escaping and being overcome with wanting. Our lips moved together as the kiss became more desperate, but I had to break away to tease her. She opened her eyes and a wide smile played across her lips. She was so beautiful. She then reached up, no longer afraid, around my neck and pulled herself up to me so she could kiss me again. It was more demanding, yet still gentle, and simply amazing. Neither of us could contain the smile on our mouths or the fast breaths we were breathing. Bliss. I thought. Pure bliss...

Ashley's POV:

The moment was perfect. I had never really been happier in my life. We fit perfectly; my hands around his neck, his warm hands on my back, and our mouths moving in sync with each other. I knew it wouldn't last, and hated to let go, but I did and I lay there in Mitch's arms, curled around in a ball of pure content. I could just lay here. I thought. Just stay here and never leave, and I would be happy. I wouldn't have to think about the haters or school, just Mitch. Only Mitch... And it was true. I could lay here forever, in his strong, firm arms, having no worries. If only I could lay here forever, with Mitch, and only Mitch.

I hope you all enjoyed. This is my first fanfic and oneshot, so feel free to leave me feedback in the comments and let me know if you want to see more. I really do enjoy writing these. :)