A Night of No Regrets

Ashley's POV:

Well, thanks to Jerome, we had to book a new room. Adam slept on his own bed, Jerome and Ryan shared one, and Mitch and I had a double and single bed. That's how the rooms were set up. Double and single. I had offered to share my room, and Mitch took up the offer. Not that you'll be spending much time in there. Jerome had said. Part of me hoped so, the other wanted to be in that room with Mitch. Little did I know how little of anything I would be thinking about that night.

"We should leave in about 5 minutes." I told Mitch, who was on his phone as usual.

"Mm k." he replied, getting up to go to the bathroom. I did a quick check in my purse to make sure everything was there, and finished just as he came out.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yeah." he replied, and we walked out the door.

Mitch's POV:

I was so drunk. We were all at a bar after having dinner, and we were honestly out of control. I was dancing, and some girl was in front of me. Her hair was really big and poofy. I touched it and the girl turned around. It was Ashley.

"Oh hey Ashley!" I said, brightening as I saw her face. Damn, she was hot.

 "Oh hey Mitch!" she replied, drink in hand.

"You wanna dance?" I asked her, offering my hand.

"Sure!" she said, taking it. I spun her around so she was facing away me and brought her closer. I grinded her butt against my thighs and we danced for a bit, before the music changed to a slow song. I turned her around again and asked, "May I?" she nodded and set her drink down before putting her arms around my neck. We swayed side to side, looking into each others eyes. I brushed her hair back and thought I should kiss her. So I did. She was taken by surprise and leaned out a bit, away from the kiss. But then she just smiled and kissed me back. When we broke away, we were both smiling.

"We should leave here." I said, taking her hand. She just nodded and followed me out. We walked along the streets until we reached a bus stop. By now, I was sober enough to know how to get back to our hotel. When we got there, we walked in and plopped down on the double bed. Neither of us said anything. I decided to make a move by sitting up on my elbows to look at her. She glanced up at me, with those pretty brown milky eyes of hers. Looking at her, sober, on the bed next to her, I couldn't help but kiss her again. This time, it was a real kiss. Again, she was taken by surprise, but this time she didn't pull away. She smiled into it and slowly moved her hands from her sides up to my neck. When we broke away to breathe, she smiled and said "Wow." I laughed and kissed her again. Moving as one, we lay down onto the pillows behind us without breaking the kiss. She moved her hands to unbutton two buttons on my shirt, and I dragged my finger down her thigh to move it up and around my leg. We continued on like this and a thought came to my head. Do I love her? I didn't know, and I didn't care at the moment. We just carried on, not knowing, moving as one, with potential love growing between us.

Ashley's POV:

I wake up to a warm feeling beneath me. Instinctively, I snuggle closer to it and open my eyes. It's Mitch. I back away quickly and sit up. I rub my eyes and between my hands I see him stir. It takes me all but 5 seconds to remember last night's events. Mitch opens his eyes and groggily asks what time it is. I laugh a little, remembering the "Mitch time?" joke, and tell him it's it's 9 am after checking the clock. He turns over and snuggles back into the covers. I join him by putting my arms around and kissing his bare back, before drifting off once again.

Mitch's POV:

When I wake up for the second time that morning, I feel Ashley pressed up against me with her arms around my waist. The sight of her face buried in my chest makes me smile and I kiss her hair. When I do, she stirs and looks up at me groggily, and buries her face back into my chest. I smile and reach over her to grab my phone. I knew I was drunk last night, but I remember going to dinner, then a bar, and walking home and being with Ashley. I didn't remember anything at the bar, so I had to check all my social media to make sure I didn't do or say anything stupid. On instagram I see the pictures I took of sharing a drink with Adam, Jerome and Ashley, but I was sober for those. Jerome and Adam. I wondered what they did last night. Probably something stupid. I thought, amused by the thought. Ashley peeked up from where she was, and grabbed her phone too, to make sure she didn't do anything stupid.

"It's fine." I reassured her, "I checked your stuff." I held up my phone and shook it a little, just for effect. She gave a breath of relief.

"Thanks." she said, laying on her back.

"We should probably get up by the way, it's 12 o'clock." She groaned and threw an arm over her eyes. I     laughed and leaned down to kiss her softly. She smiled and removed her arm, instead throwing it around my neck and pulling me down. I threw my phone to the side to move her to a sitting position. She groaned again but got up anyway and went into the bathroom to shower and brush her teeth. 

Ashley's POV:

When I got out of the shower, I dried my hair and went through with my daily routine. When I finally got out, I saw Mitch still laying on the bed, with his laptop on his lap. When he saw me get out, he closed his laptop and jumped up to go take a shower. He brushed past me on his way out and it reminded me of last night. We hadn't gone all the way, which I was thankful for because I wasn't ready, but all the same, it was amazing. I had actually been sober most of the night, starting from when we were walking home, and I loved every second we spent together. I loved Mitch. The feeling inside me was so real, so amazing, it put me in a world of wonder. I went over to the mirror to see how I looked for when Mitch came out, and when I turned my head, I saw a dark mark on my neck. As I looked closer, I saw it was a hickey. Crap! I thought, looking at the two that traveled up my neck. Well, I guess I would have to wear a hat to hide them. Then I remembered Mitch. Panicking, I rushed over to the bathroom door and knocked.

"Yeah?" he asked from inside.

"Mitch, I need to come in," I started, but he had already opened the door. I fell forward a little bit from leaning on the door, but caught myself.

"Mitch," I started again, "Look at your neck." With a worried expression on his face, he moved over to the mirror and looked at his neck. There, on the right side, were hickeys matching mine.

"S**t." he said, moving over them with his fingers. I thought a while before coming up with an idea.

"Why don't you just say you don't know how you got them? That you don't remember from last night!" I offered.

"Okay." he agreed before looking at me.

"Ashley," he started, I nodded, confused. "I don't want you to think that I'm ashamed of you, I just want to avoid teasing for the both of us. I have no regrets from last night, okay." he finished, touching my arms.

"Okay." I say, giving him a soft kiss and whispering in his ear, "Neither do I." I leave the room and close the door for him to take a shower. No regrets, I think. Absolutely no regrets.