Get Off Me

Ashley's POV:

"You're drunk." I muse, looking at the figure in front of me. He's leaning against the wall for support, eyes concentrated on me...or at least trying to.

"What? Me? No, I've just had a few beers is all." he says, eyes still surveying my full figure. I shift uncomfortably from where I'm standing, unsure of what to do.

"You know, I had some doubts about you at first, but now I realize you're actually pretty hot." he says, moving closer. I back away, feeling the cool, hard wall touch my back. He smiles crookedly. 

"Oh really?" I say, trying to be cool, but I can hear my own voice shake.

"Mmhmm." he murmurs, still moving against the side of the wall to get to where I am. I'm pressed up against a corner, and I have no way out.

"Do you even remember my name?" I ask, still trying to shift away from him. He stops.

"Wasn't it...Ash, Ashlin...no! Ashley, right?" he says, a smile spreading across his face. I swallow and nod.

"Well, Ashley. You mind if I call you Ash?" he asks. He's started moving again, so I shake my head tightly.

"No, I don't mind, but I would like you to get off me." I say. He laughs, and I can smell the alcohol on his breath.

"But then we would be further apart." he says, moving closer still. Now he's practically on top of me, his arm leaning against the wall behind me, his figure towering over mine. He looks down on me almost thoughtfully.

"How do you even know Mitch?" Jake asks, cocking his head slightly. 

"I-I, h-he's my-" I stutter. I'm cut off by Mitch pushing him off me, taking me into his arms.

"I'm her boyfriend." he says, coldly staring at Jake. Jake's eyes widen with understanding as he tries to apologize.

"Oh man, I'm so sorry I-" he's cut off by Mitch raising his finger into the air. 

"Just don't Jake. Do all of us a favor and get your drunk ass somewhere else." Mitch says, slight anger in his voice. I can feel how tense his muscles are, as if he wanted to punch Jake in the face. I bet he did. This time it's Jake who looks angered, and he gives Mitch a nasty look. 

"Fine, I'll f*** off, but that doesn't mean I take back what I said. You're still hot Ashley, and I'm still available." he winks at me before practically running off. I don't have time to be disgusted because Mitch tries to lunge after him, but I stop him and hold him back.

"I swear I'll get that son of a b****." he says as he stops resisting. I pull us over to another room and close the door. We were making a scene and people started to stare. the last thing we needed was an audience.

"He's still your friend, he's just drunk. Calm down." I say, laying my hands gently on his chest. He looks down at me.

"But he was hitting on you and that's not okay. You're my girlfriend, and I could see how much he was bothering you." he says, leaning his forehead against mine. I look down a bit.

"No, it's my fault. I could've walked away, I was just being stupid and afraid. I didn't know what to do." I say. He takes my head in his hands, forcing me to look up at him.

"You did nothing wrong. Jake was just being an idiot because he was drunk, like you said. honestly should've known better, Jake always seems to cause trouble when under the influence of alcohol. Of course he would start targeting pretty girls like you." he says, looking into my eyes.

I can't help but smile a little at that last part. Mitch smiles too, and kisses me lightly. I kiss him back, and he pulls away.

"Now do you want to go back out?" he asks. I think for a minute before replying.

"No." I say, pushing him down onto the couch. I sit in his lap and begin kissing him again. He kisses back before pulling away again to speak.

"See, this is why you're my girlfriend." 

~Note: "Jake" is just a made-up character. I don't know if Mitch actually has a friend named Jake, but that's besides the point. He's supposed to be known for getting drunk at parties and doing stupid stuff.~