Started With A Question

Ashley's POV 

It was PAX, and Mitch, Jordan and I were heading to a panel for Polaris to answer some questions, live. Needless to say, I was nervous as hell. They could ask us anything, and we would have to respond to it, with everyone watching. Yay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was near the end of the panel, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. Most of the questions were directed at Mitch and Jordan anyway. They had it a lot worse than I did, because I could pretty much just answer with "penguins" for every question. Meanwhile fans were asking Jordan to do back-flips, and demanding things from Mitch, like Hunger Games 300, Pixlemon 100, his Xbox series, and even where KermitPlaysMC is. Meanwhile, I just sit back and sip on my mug of water.

The next people up to the mic are a couple, both wearing blue shirts.

"Okay, I have one question. What video game did you start off with?" the guy asks.

"In terms or life, or YouTube?" Mitch asks, earning a small laugh from the crowd.

"Umm...life in general." the guy answers.

"Well, right out of the womb, I guess..." Mitch jokes, earning yet another laugh from the crowd. "I think it was either...probably-"

"Runescape!" someone suggests from the crowd.

"No, that was one of the firsts." Mitch says, smirking. "That was the first addiction."

"Runescape?" Chad, our interviewer asks. Mitch nods.

"It would probably have to be Pac Man, actually." Mitch finishes.

"Snake?" I say. It was the farthest back video game I could remember.

"I uh, I can't remember what number it was, but it was a MegaMan game on gameboy." Jordan answers. Then the girl goes up to the mic, looking a little nervous.

"Um, also, can we have a group hug?" she asks, flashing braced-teeth smile. She reminds me of Alesa almost. The guy next o her smiles as well, both of them looking hopeful.

"That's a big ask." Chad comments. I look first at Mitch, then Jordan, who both nod. I'm the first to get up.

"Come on, let's go." I say, hesitating in my chair because no one else got up. The couple walks their way up the aisle, and Mitch and Jordan finally get up, making things less awkward.

"Alright, group hug it is." Mitch says. He walks over and slings his arm around me first, then the guy who asked.

"Team huddle." Jordan jokes. We all lean in, and my head is touching Mitch's. Only the bunny ears I stole from Mitch reach the girl across me.

"Aww." Chad and the crowd say. Then they laugh as we all shout "break!" 

*

As we pull apart, I back up, but end up tripping over Jordan's feet, leaving me falling backwards. Mitch catches me easily, having not separated his hands from my back anyway. Our faces and bodies are only inches apart, and the crowd goes dead silent.

"I'll take these back." Mitch says, trying to make things less awkward by plucking his bunny ears off my head. He's ears are red and so am I, and I swear you could hear the whole crowd smile.

"Kiss!" I hear one person shout out. Then it becomes a chant.

"KISS, KISS, KISS, KISS!" Mitch has put me on my feet again, but his hands are still at my elbows. I look from the crowd to him briefly. His blush has spread from his ears to his cheeks, a very rare thing for Mitch. I look back at the crowd, still chanting.