Chapter 1: The Set Up

"Come on Bree it'll be so fun!" Mandy begged as she held out the tickets.

"You know I don't like the music that's popular now, why would I want a backstage pass to a music awards show?"

Mandy had been going on and on about how she had an extra ticket for months but none of our friends could go. I didn't have plans but I am not really into today's 'popular' music at all, so why would I go?

"It's not just the music, actors will be announcing the nominees and there's lots of free food backstage," She pleaded.

FREE FOOD?

"Fine, but don't expect me to socialize with people like you made me last time."

"I promise," Mandy squealed as she gave me a hug.

"We'll have so much fun; it'll be like old times!"

"For sure," I laughed as I hugged her back.

"Be ready tonight at 6 and don't look too emo,"

"I'll try," I rolled my eyes as Mandy walked down the hallway to the elevators of my apartment building.

She was always getting backstage passes because of her rich ass dad. He was Martin Fordon, owner of one of the fanciest hotel chains Fordon Hotels. Due to her dad Mandy scored tickets to awards shows, concerts, sports events, and shit like that all of the time. It had its perks, but people were always trying to hit on me at these events. I mean who doesn't want to hit on Mandy Fordon's rebellious best friend? We have out as long as I can remember. She was always a wearing pink and getting highlights while I preferred wearing skinny jeans and dying my hair. For some reason I was considered a rebel for my style and attitude. I guess some guys like that.

After Mandy left I started to get ready for the awards show. If I didn't dress to impress it would be in a magazine the next week for sure. I put on a black long sleeve dress. It was a casual dress, but I made it look more fancy with fishnet leggings and cute black heels. I straightened my long red hair and parted it so my bangs were all on one side as they should be. I looked super cute. It was nearly time to go. I watched about some tv when the door finally rang.

"OH MY GOD YOU LOOK SO CUTE!" Mandy said as I opened the door.

She was wearing a short puffy pink dress that she had accessorized a bit.

"Thanks, the all-black outfit isn't too emo?"

"Probably on someone else, but you rock it girl!" she laughed.

After we gushed over each other's dresses for a few minutes we headed outside. We got into Mandy's little blue car and started to drive. Once we got there we went to the special guest parking lot and parked the car. We saw Pitbull getting out of the car in front of us.

"I'm already regretting comi-"

"Oh hush," Megan warned.

We walked into the entrance and found our seats. We had just gotten there in time and the show was about to start. I sat through a bunch of stuff I wasn't interested in until one nomination caught my eye. Best alternative group. If by alternative they are talking about what I am thinking then I'm ready to see this.

"Imagine Dragons"

"Mumford & Sons"

"Paramore"

"and Fall Out Boy"

WAIT WHAT?

I started to choke on the water I was currently drinking and Mandy looked at me.

"Are you okay?" she whispered

. "Yeah-" *coughs* "I just-" *coughs* "l-" coughs* "I love-"

"Fall Out Boy?" She questioned.

Mandy just gets my madness.

"Yes," I grinned.

"Of course," she laughed as she looked back to the stage.

"And the winner is-"

"Fall Out Boy!"

My eyes widened as I started clapping and choking again.

"Bree," Mandy said under her breath as she directed up to the monitor which had me choking showing to millions of people all around the globe.

I coughed one last time, smiled, and clapped. I looked back to Fall Out Boy just to see them laughing as they look at the screen. The camera directed towards them as they got onto the stage still slightly chuckling at my fangirl moment. Well, there go my chances with talking to any of them after the show. I sat in embarrassment through the rest of the show. I was careful not to peek over at them and seem creepy. I'm such a weirdo.

At the end of the show I got up and started to head to the car.

"Where are you going?" Mandy said.

"Car?" I pouted.

"We should go meet some people," she devilishly smiled.

"Who are you setting me up with now?"

"What makes you say that Bree?" She kept smiling. I just glared at her.

"Come on," she said as she headed towards backstage.

"Patrick! Pete! Joe! Andy!" I heard Mandy say as she walked backstage.

As I was screaming internally they all headed towards us. Just as I was about to run away with embarrassment they approached us.

"Hey Mandy!" Pete said giving her a hug. Pete Wentz is hugging my best friend? What is going on and can I have one too?

"Hey you guys!" She said as she gave them each a hug.

"This is my friend, the one I was telling you about" Pete smiled, Joe smiled, Andy smiled, but Patrick looked confused.

"Nice to meet you guys, I love your music!" I said giving a thumbs up.

"Thanks," Patrick chuckled (and yes he does have an extremly adorable chuckle thank you very much).

"We saw you choking when we won." Joe laughed.

"Um yeah I just didn't expect a great band to win," we stood there awkwardly for a few minutes.

"Joe, Pete, and Andy do you guys want to go get some drinks?" Mandy grinned.

"Sure." They all laughed.

Holy crap.

I'm being set up with Patrick Stump.