Chapter 17: Lost and Found

I live in a cave... in a van down by the river. -Patrick Stump

Bree's P.O.V.

"Patrick?" I say confused.

Is this how the afterlife is? If I had survived I would have woken up in a hospital bed. This must be the afterlife.

"Bree?" He almost screaming running over to me to give me a hug.

He just runs right through me hugging a tree behind me.

"I'm so glad you're okay. What are you doing here though?" He asks opening his eyes to realize he was hugging a tree.

"Oh," He blushed coming over to me to try and give me a hug. He looks confused once he realizes his arms go right through me.

"What the hell," I whisper trying to poke his face, my hand going right through his head.

"Are you a g-ghost?" He stutters backing away.

"Not that I know of. Am I still alive?" I ask.

"Last I saw you were in the hospital," He responded.

"Then what's happening?" I wonder looking at myself.

Just then I have an idea. I close my eyes and imagine I'm in a hospital room. I open my eyes to see I'm looking at myself in bed. I close my eyes again and imagine I'm back in the forest with Patrick. Whoa that was weird.

"Where did you go?" He shouts in relief as I appear in front of him.

"Apparently I can teleport and I just saw myself in a hospital bed. Is this some kind of out of body thing to teach me something, like in the television shows?"

"That's the only thing I can think of right now," He responds sitting on a tree stump.

"You know I was the one who found you," He said after a little while of silence.

"I thought you hated me," I mumbled looking down and kicking a rock.

"I found out you were telling the truth, that Antonio guy got arrested," He responded, his face pale.

"Great," I responded still looking down.

"Why did you do it?" He asked.

"Can't you read?" I said a little too sarcastically.

"It didn't say anything about me,"

"Why would you be the reason at all? We just broke up, its not like you punched me in the face," I responded. He didn't drive me to it at all. I just realized how much I don't matter. Can't anyone see that?

"A punch in the face would be less painful than what I did,"

"When did you become so damn dramatic?" I laughed.

He looked at me angrily, "You should go get this thing sorted out,"

"You could just tell me to leave," I responded

"It would be less painful," I added with a smirk before I teleported back to the hospital.

Patrick's P.O.V.

Am I high? Or maybe the bump in the head did something. I don't know, but I need to get back to the house. I got up and stumbled through the darkness until I saw light. I walked towards it until I approached a house that looked a lot like Gabe's, let's just hope it is. I knocked on the front door.

"Mom! Someone's at the door!" I heard someone scream.

"Well answer it!" I heard another person scream back.