Chapter 8: Christmas

I very much look forward to ignoring questions about my beard the same way I avoid sideburn questions. - Patrick Stump

It's finally Christmas eve and I'm alone.

Mandy's family decided not to do Christmas this year due to almost everyone in the family being busy. Her older sister is letting out a clothing line, Mandy is out of town for a fashion show, and the rest of the family are doing things like that. Christmas was always a lonely time for me, but I got lots of interesting Christmas cards. People I went to school and with always have thought sending me Christmas cards would make us friends. Most were adorable family photos like Dallon's and some just said 'Merry Christmas'. The cards I got today were just ones from people I went to school with. I looked through them until I saw one that caught my eye.

It was from Aaron Micheals.

Oh how I used to have a crush on Aaron Micheals.

He was one of the nicest guys I ever met. Whenever someone dropped something he was always the one to help them and pick it up. We had also been acquainted for a long time. Aaron was also super tall and good-looking. A lot of the girls thought he was cute, but none of them had a crush on him as long as me. I had liked him since the 2nd grade and I know he probably knew it.

But why was he sending me a card?

The card had said. "Hey Bree long time no see. I decided to send out cards to everyone in our high school class because of the reunion coming up. I hope you make it. I remember how much fun we all had. Like when Mandy, you, and I all went sledding and I almost fell in the lake. Maybe you can call me sometime and we could chat." and then there was Aaron's number. Right there. Of course I recognized it, the exact same number from when we were kids.

I decided to send him a text that thanked him for the card and asked when the reunion was. I never heard about it until I read his letter.

He responded almost immediately.

"No problem(: and Its December 28th at the high school."

"Oh cool I can probably make it." I answered.

"Great. I cant wait to see you and maybe we could go out for coffee sometime."

Wait is he asking me in a date way or a friend way? I assumed friend.

"For sure(:"

"Nice. I got to go now but I'll text you later" He replied.

"Okayy bye." I texted as I shut off my phone.

I spent the rest of my Christmas eve watching my favorite Christmas movies. I was just starting The Nightmare Before Christmas when someone knocked at the door. I looked through the peephole to see no one. I decided to still open the door and as I did someone jumped from the side of the wall.

"Patrick?" I exclaimed as I hugged him.

"Hey," He hugged me back.

He was still as cute as ever and still hadn't shaved the famous 'winter beard' everyone had been talking about.

"I thought you weren't going to be here,"

"I made the guys leave early," He smiled.

"So I'm kind of watching Nightmare Before Christmas do you-"

"Yes!" He cut me off loudly as I shut the door.

We both sat on the couch and watched the movie. Patrick sang along to What's This? gosh he has a nice voice. After the movie ended it was 11:45.

"15 minutes 'till Christmas," I smiled.

"So are you doing anything with your family?" He asked.