Chapter 2: He Smells Really Nice

"So," I said awkwardly looking at him trying to start a conversation. Oh damn he's cute. While I was thinking about something for us to talk about a bunch of people started to run by.

"HEY YOU HOLD THIS!" someone screamed as they dropped something hot into my hand and ran off. I looked down to see a joint in my hand. We both looked at it and laughed for a good 10 seconds until someone approached me.

"What the fuck is that?" A professional looking lady screamed as she snatched the joint out if my hand.

"It's not mine I-"

"Stop with the excuses get out or I'm getting security!"

Well damn guess I'm leaving. I walked out into the cold alley and sat down against the wall. I had nowhere to go, nobody to call, and it was cold as fuck. I hate Chicago weather. On top of all of this I heard someone coming towards me. Great now I'm about to be mugged too, isn't this just a splendid day? I squinted into the darkness as the person approached me. It was Patrick. He walked up to me with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey," he smiled.

"Why'd you leave the party?" I asked.

"It's not my kind of thing really, you want to go somewhere?"

"Sure," I followed him out of the alley.

"There's a coffee shop down there if you just want to hang out until Mandy and the guys are done."

"Mandy's never done with a party, I usually have to take the bus home because she left with some guy."

"And you don't ever leave with a guy?"

"Nah, but it's not like those douche bags haven't tried," I replied as we walked into the coffee shop.

We ordered our drinks and sat down at a couch.

"I can just feel the rumors of me being a drug addict spreading around now," I complained

"Why do they even care if you're a drug addict or not? We're not in High School anymore!"

"I know, plus I am barely famous. I'm the friend of the daughter of a rich guy,"

For the rest of the night we told embarrassing stories because of our awkwardness at parties until Mandy called me.

"Where are you?" she said drunkenly

"At the coffee shop across the street,"

"Why would you be there?"

"I kind of got kicked out,"

"Well I already left. Can you get a taxi?"

"I guess," I groaned.

"Great, love ya!"

"Yeah ok," I mumbled as I hung up.

"Who was that?" Patrick asked.

"Mandy, she's going home with someone as usual,"

"So is Pete..." Patrick chucked.

"Oh my god do you think?"

We both laughed.

"So do you need a ride?" He asked.

"I could get a taxi it's ok,"

"Really it's fine Joe and Andy already a ride home so I have room,"

"Okay, I guess if you insist," I laughed as we headed out of the coffee place.

We walked back toward the parking lot across the street. It was still cold as heck so I started to shiver. Patrick draped his fancy jacket that he had took off earlier over my shoulders.