Chapter 4: Gosh Darn You're Cute

(To a Fan) Nah, you're perfect! I'm teasing. Hope you're having an excellent day! - Patrick Stump

I opened my eyes as we both pulled away.

"So," I giggled. Just as I did on the first day I met him.

"So," He grinned.

"You kind of can't go outside for a while," I pointed out

"So um, maybe you could stay here?"

"Are you sure?"

"One-hundred percent,"

We walked into my room and he sat on the bed.

"So which side do you want?" He asked.

"Either one," I responded as I took off his hat and set it on the nightstand.

I changed into my pajama pants and a tank top.

"I have these clothes if you want to wear them," I suggested as I threw a shirt and sweatpants at him.

"Where did you get a men's Just Do It shirt and Adidas sweatpants?" Patrick laughed.

"I kind of had a stage where I though oversized men's sportswear was sexy."

"Probably is on you," Patrick complimented.

Awww.

Patrick changed into the clothes and got under the covers. I laid next to him.

"You have a comfy bed," He declared as he put his arm around me.

"You have a comfy arm," I smiled as I moved closer to him.

I was extremely tired but I didn't want to go to sleep.

Patrick's P.O.V.

Bree fell asleep right away. I didn't blame her with the day we had been through...

**

I woke up the next morning with her nowhere to be found. I looked in every single room and she wasn't there. It was 6:30 am. I sat on the couch and I waited until 7. She still hasn't come back.

Pete had told me about girls that would sleep with him and run out to get the paparazzi early in the morning. It was 7:00 am, where else would she have gone? I put my clothes from the night before back on and grabbed my hat.

I wonder if she would really have done something like that? She really didn't seem like the type.

I walked outside of Bree's apartment cautiously, making sure nobody was there. I walked to the elevator to see Bree crying, sitting against the wall.

"What happened?" I worried as I walked over to her.

Her eye was purple and she held her sleeve up to a bloody nose.

"I went downstairs to go get my mail and a bunch of people with cameras chased me. One of them hit me with their camera and I fell down the stairs" she whimpered.

"Here let's go back in your apartment," I advised as I helped her up.

We walked back to her apartment and she unlocked the door. I got an ice pack out of the fridge and some tissues as she sat down at the kitchen table.

"I shouldn't have stayed," I muttered as I gave her the tissues and held the ice pack up to her eye.

"Stop blaming yourself for everything,"

"But it's totally all my fault," I corrected.

"Shut up,"

She pulled the tissues away and threw them out. Her nose had stopped bleeding.

"See all better, I was just clumsy. I bumped into the camera and fell down the stairs,"

"Well they didn't have to aggressively chase you to cause you to bump into it," I muttered as I looked under the ice pack to see her eye was less puffy than it was before.

"It's their job, I guess not all jobs are good."

"Well they need to leave you alone," I said as pulled out my phone.

"What are you-"

"Wait,"

I clicked on compose new tweet.

I get you guys are doing your job but to chase someone down the stairs, cause them to get hurt and not even help them? Real low.

I sent out the tweet and almost immediately got responses. I ignored them all and put away my phone.

"Just sending a tweet for those idiots to see," I grumbled.

"Patrick you are so sweet, you don't have to do all of this,"

"I just didn't think being with one person could be so hard," I groaned as I took her hand.

"I don't want anyone to ever hurt you again,"

Bree's P.O.V.

He looked me straight in the eyes as he said that. I didn't think he really liked me back on the first night I met him. I thought he just went to the coffee shop to be nice. I don't understand why, out of all the girls he could get it would be me. I have brown hair and dull brown eyes. I don't have freckles or cute dimples. I'm not skinny or super tall. And I'm definitely not 'beautiful' or any of that shit. So really why me?

I hugged Patrick hard. I wrapped my arms around his back tightly as he stroked my head.

"You're the best," I cried into his shoulder.

I could hug him like this for hours.

"I should change my shirt," I mentioned as I pulled away and looked at the blood on my sleeve.

I walked into my room and put on my Fall Out Boy crew neck.

"Much better," He laughed as he pulled me onto his lap.

"How are we going to get out of here?" I looked out the window to see a bunch of people waiting outside their car for us to come out.

"Back door?"

"They're in the lobby too,"

"Can we call the police maybe?" He chuckled.

"That works, technically they are trespassing," I picked up the phone and dialed the non emergency number for the local police.

"There's a bunch of people waiting for some celebrity outside of my house and I would like to leave. Could you send someone out here?" I demanded.

"An Officer will be on the way," the lady responded.

"Officer on the way!" I exclaimed as I put his hat on.

"You really like my hats," He remarked.

"Well, they're pretty gosh darn cute,"

"So is your shirt,"

"Y'know fine just compliment yourself," I looked at the shirt. It was actually one of my favorite shirts.

"And so are you," He laughed as he put his arms around me.

We heard police sirens outside. Sure enough when I peered out the window the police were telling the photographers to leave. They all sulked into their cars and drove off.

"Oh my gosh they're actually gone now," Patrick was relived.

"You should go home," I sighed as I got off of his lap.

"Yeah, I guess." He said as he got up.

"I'll text you on Sunday, I don't have anything that day,"

He walked to the door and gave me a hug.

"Bye." I smiled as he headed down the hallway.

His hat was still sitting on my head.