Do I want to know what just happened?

hi everyone. i am so so so sorry i have taken forever to update and i will try to get better at it. i'm sorry about the lack of detail but it is my first story and hopefully i will get better.

------------------------------------------------

Edward and I silently took our places next to each other at the table again, everyone's eyes on us looking very curious. I blushed while Edward smirked. Alice was practically jumping out of her seat with anticipation and Edward and I's hands were intertwined under the table and he gave my hand a gentle squeeze as he looked into my eyes with my favorite crooked smile plastered on his perfect face. I blush harder and look down. I grabbed a cold drink of water with my free hand and swallowed a mouthful in an attempt to cool down my burning cheeks. I just wish everyone would stop staring. Renee was the first to break the uncomfortable silence.

"Um, dinner is ready," she announced before walking into the kitchen.

Alice politely cleared her throat. "So, is everything okay, you two? And Bella are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine, really, I'm very sorry for before and everything is okay," I assure her.

A beautiful, rich, delicious smell of food came floating through the room and Renee appeared with dinner in her hands. She leaned over me, instead of our guests, to place it in the center of the table and went to sit down.

"Okay everyone, dig in," she encouraged.

Once everyone was finished and plates were at the kitchen sink, the Cullen's started toward the door to leave but I grabbed Edwards hand and pulled him back.

"Stay," I whispered to him, low enough that no-one else could hear.

He smiled at me and nodded.

"Uh, I'm going to stay here with Bella for a while," he told his family. They all took turns in giving each other a suspicious look.

"I'll drive him back myself," I finished for him.

Alive rolled her eyes. "Bella, we were never going to say no, we are not in charge of Edward. But if it gets late and he's not back then I will come looking for him,"

"Oh don't worry Alice, you won't have to come looking for him," Charlie promised.

"We'll see about that," Emmett cut in.

"Shut up Emmett. Goodbye everyone and we'll see you later Edward," Alice smiled and walked out the door, followed by the rest of her siblings.

Edward and I went to my bedroom and we lay contently on my bed with my head resting on his chest and his arms around me. I could truly stay like this forever. Forever? I didn't know why I used the word forever but it just seemed to fit in a strange way but I liked it.

And then it hit me. I am technically still with Jacob, yes we had been going through rough patches lately but we hadn't broken up. And here I was lying on my bed with Edward and telling him I love him. It will hurt him but I have to tell Edward.

I sit up and look him in the eye.

"Edward, I am sorry and I know that you are going to be hurt and probably angry and that's okay but this is something you need to know," I started nervously.

He frowned slightly. "What is it Bella? You know you can tell me anything, right? And I could never be mad at you."

Oh really? Well that's about to change.

I took in a deep breathe to even out my voice and explained. "I realize that this is not fair for you and I will fix it. Jacob and I have been going through a rough patch lately but I forgot about it all because I've been with you. I am still with Jacob but as I said, I am going to fix it."