The truth

Bella's POV

I woke up the next morning early, I wasn't sure why exactly but something woke me up. I had no idea what to do today while I waited for Edward so instead of doing anything interesting I took a long shower and helped with some house work before my parents got up.

By the time I finished that it was about mid day and I expected to have a visitor. I heard an engine come up my street but it sounded louder than a normal car. I still had an uneasy feeling but I was happy to have Edward here. I already knew who it was so I went to open the door.

I pulled the door open but I got a surprise. at the front door stood a very tall, olive skinned, extremely muscly, dark haired, boy that looked more like a man. It was Jacob.

I was stuck for words. I had no idea what to say.

Instead, Jacob pulled me into a very tight hug that kind of hurt. I tried to speak or to push him off but my strength felt like nothing to him and my voice was husky but hopefully he would understand.

"Um, Jacob, I can't breath," yep my voice barely sounded like a voice.

As soon as he heard the stained sound of my words he quickly released me. "Oh my gosh I'm sorry. are you okay?"

I stepped back and took a deep breath. "Yes I'm okay."

He sighed, relieved. "Oh good."

"Jacob it's not that big of a deal. you just hugged me too tightly. it's alright."

"I've missed you," he said.

"I missed you, but not in the same way as you. I missed you as a best friend. I'm sorry." I apologised.

He stepped around me into the main living area of the house.

It was then that I remembered Edward's visit today. "Um Jacob, I'm sorry but Edwards supposed to be coming soon. I advise you to leave because it will be painful for you but if you really can't stand it then you could stay."

"I'll wait and see, if I have to I'll leave but I've been away from you for too long."

That was worrying. if it had only been a couple of days and he thought it had been too long already then how would we get by? In all honestly I was scared for what was coming.

"Okay, then," was all I said.

And sure enough, Edward knocked on the door. I took a deep breath and went to let him in. there he stood, beautiful, tall, the right amount of muscle, bronze messy hair.

"Hi," I greeted him in a shaky voice. I did not want to find out what it would be like having Edward and Jacob in the same room.

"Hi," he said, not even realising Jacob was in the background yet.

I thought I should let him know. "Um. Jacob is here."

Edwards head shot up. "Oh. Um, hi," he said nervously.

But I could tell he was nervous about something else as well.

He looked back to me and spoke. "Bella, I need to speak with you. alone."

I gave him the 'just because Jacobs here' look.

"No Bella, really this is serious. we need to talk. this involves you," he assured me. I got scared.

I released a few shaky breaths. "Um okay. let's go upstairs." I turned to Jacob. "Just stay here."

I started for the stairs and heard Edward on my heels.

For a long while all he did was stand there in deep thought while I stared at him waiting for him to say something.

Finally he said something. "Bella I have to be honest with you. I have absolutely no clue how to even start to explain this, but I think you might be able to handle it considering what you know," his voice dripping with nerves.