Horrible memories

Oh my gosh I am so so sorry for the extremely late update, it's been holidays and I don't keep track of the amount of time that goes by. I hope you can forgive me and another reason why I haven't updated is because my laptop is breaking. I am also very sorry if this chapter sucks because you've had to wait so long. SO SORRY!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bella's POV

As I walked hesitantly back to my room, I quickly thought over the convocation Jacob and I had had. Jacob had imprinted on me. It was not helpful-quite the opposite, actually-and he was not going to be able to stay away from me for a long amount of time. However, I was willing to make him work on that. On top of that, there was now, according to the legends of imprinting and other werewolves who have imprinted, going to be a new kind of special, unbreakable bond between us forever.

Edward was sitting impatiently on the end of my bed. It was only then that I realised that I probably wasn't allowed to tell Edward about Jacob. I was stuck. What could I do? He was going to question me on this, there was no doubt about that so maybe I was going to have to tell him. If he promised to keep the secret it was be okay wouldn't it? Or, what if I told him and neither of us tells Jacob that he knew? Ugh. I don't know, I would hope for the best and tell him. I clearly didn't have much of a choice now anyway since I told him to go back to my room after he saw Jacob and I talking. Maybe he even thought that I was taking him back, which was never going to happen now that I had found Edward.

Only a few seconds had passed while I stood in the doorway. I went to sit next to Edward and put my head in my hands. This was such a mess. How do I tell someone that my ex-boyfriend was a werewolf and had imprinted on me therefore we all would have to learn to put up with each other.

"Bella?" Edward's voice was anxious, but I kept my head in my hands.

He waited a few moments before asking again. "Bella? Please answer me, I'm dying over here." His voice still wild with stress. How could I not answer now?

I slowly lifted my head and pressed my palms to my legs to steady myself.

"Oh my gosh, everything is such a mess," I finally said. I still didn't look at him.

That quickly changed when he kneeled on the floor in front of me, taking my face between his hands and looked my straight in the eyes. His face only an inch away.

"Bella, please, tell me what happened."

I still had absolutely no idea how to even begin to explain. I felt my eyes begin to water and my vision became the slightest bit blurry.

"Bella! You're crying. Tell me what's wrong!"

"Edward, don't worry I'm just a bit overwhelmed at the moment."

I watched as the tiny hint of pain flashed across his face before he composed it and backed away, letting go of my face.

"No, no it's not you that's the problem. It's . . . Jacob who's made things very difficult."

I pulled him back to me when he wasn't convinced, but I pulled him back onto the bed next to me this time.

"Why is Jacob the problem?" He asked.

"Two things have happened that are annoying but not his fault or in his control at all."

"O . . . kay . . ." He hesitated.

"Two things that are not normal and extremely hard to explain. But before I explain, you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone. We can't even tell Jacob that you know, okay?"