Ch.14

Taylor's POV.

"Are you ready love?" Ed asked me.

"Yeah I think so." I said putting a blanket over Haley. Ed grabbed her car seat with one hand and in twined his other one with mine. We walked out of the hospital and into the cold air of December. Ed helped me into the car and we left.

"Go in with Haley I'll get your stuff." He told me.

"Okay thanks." I answered opening the door.

"Hey baby." I said taking Haley out of her car seat. "This is your home."

I walked upstairs and into her room.

"And this is where you'll be sleeping." I told her. I felt hands around my waist and turned my head to see Ed.

"What are you doing?" He asked me.

"Just showing Haley her room." I replied. He looked down at her in my arms and smiled. Her eyes fluttered shut and I kissed her forehead.

"Can you get me a pair of her pajamas?" I asked Ed.

"Yeah." He said walking over to her dresser. He pulled out a purple sleeper with yellow butterflies on it. "I like this one."

"Okay." I said taking the pjs. Making sure not to wake Haley, I slowly laid her on the changing table. Carefully I slid off her outfit and replaced it with the purple sleeper. When I finished I grabbed a blanket and carried her to our room. I laid her down in the bassinet and covered her up. Smiling I stood back and stared at her.

"Your so good with her." Ed whispered, so not to wake her.

"Thanks." I said turning around and leaning my head on his shoulder. He picked me up, making sure not to hurt me, and laid me on the bed. Laying next to me he wrapped his arms around me. I turned out the lights and stared at him through the darkness.

"I love you Ed." I said to him moving closer.

"I love you too Tay forever." He told me tightening his arms around me. Laying my head into the crook of his neck I closed my eyes. I listened to his heart beat, eventually falling asleep.

I woke up later to the sound of Haley crying. Looking at the clock it read 4:44 a.m.

"Go back to sleep. I'll get her." Ed instructed.

"Thanks Ed." I told him. He kissed my forehead and rolled out of bed.

Ed's POV.

"Shhh." I said picking Haley up. She looked at me and I wiped the tears off her cheeks. She wrapped her small finger around mine.

"Its okay baby. Daddy's got you, go back to sleep." I stood there rocking her as her eyes got heavy. Slowly they shut and I laid her back down. I made sure to cover her with the blanket and kiss her forehead.

Quietly I walked over to the bed and laid down once again. I wrapped my arms around Taylor and she smiled.

"You did good." She told me.

"Did I keep you up?" I asked her.

"No I could've went back to sleep but I wanted to wait for you." She said.

I kissed her on the lips and we soon fell back asleep, in each others arms.