Ch.15 Epilogue

Taylor's POV.

I watched as the girl ran through the yard. The littler girl of the two of them staggering behind on her short chubby legs. I smile watching them. It starts to sprinkle and they jump around screaming. It rains harder and they run up to me.

"Mommy come play in the rain with us!" Haley yells grabbing my hands. I stand up and run with them. Picking up the smaller of the two I push the curls out of her eyes.

"Mama." She tries to say giving me a sloppy kiss on the cheek.

"Claire!" I say back to her kissing her cheek.

I saw him come outside and grab Haley from behind scaring her. She screams and I laugh. He turns around to put her down and I jump on his back. He slips and we fall in the mud. Claire walks over and sits on my back, so does Haley. We lay there laughing and soon the rain ends.

"C'mon munchkins lets go inside and get cleaned off." I say picking up Claire. 

I take them upstairs and run a bath. I peel the muddy clothes off of them and place them in the tub. Claire plays with toys while I pick the mud out of her strawberry curls. Soon they're both clean and dried off. Placing them in their pjs, I wipe the sweat off of my head.

"Okay time for bed." I tell them. Haley wines and pouts.

"Hey the sooner you go to bed the sooner it's you're birthday." I tell her. She giggles and walked downstairs. I follow with Claire in my arms.

"Daddy guess what?!" She askes Ed.

"What?!" He says sitting her on his lap.

"Tomorrow my birthday!" She screams. 

"No!" He says jokingly. 

"Yes!" She says back.

"How old are you? 10?"

"No Daddy!" She says laughing.

"Hmmm. 1?"

"No! Claire's 1 not me!"

"Well I give up." He says.

"I'm gonna be 4!" She says showing him 4 fingers.

"Wow!"

I smile and look at Claire in my arms. She rubs her eyes laying her head on my shoulder.

"Tell Daddy goodnight." I tell Haley.

"Goodnight Daddy!" She says kissing his cheek.

"Night baby." He stands up and kisses Claire's head walking upstairs.

"C'mon." I says grabbing Haley's hand.

We walk upstairs and go into her room. I sit Claire on the floor and go over to Haley's bed.

"Goodnight." I say kissing her cheek.

"Night Mommy."

I pick up Claire off the floor and walk out of the room turning off the lights. I head to Claire's room and lay her in the crib.

"Goodnight baby." I say pushing the curls out of her closed eyes. I walk back to our room and see Ed sitting on the bed. He sees me and pushes me up against the wall. He kisses me passionately and smiles.

"Happy anniversary." He tells me.

"Oh my god Ed I'm so sorry I forgot to get you something." I say biting my lip.

"This is enough for me." He says kissing me again. He grabs my thighs and picks me up. Wrapping my legs around him I lean on him. He lays me on the bed, him on top of me.

"Yeah this is more than enough for me." He says unbuttoning my shirt. The night went on and I realized that in this moment, my life was perfect.

And.

I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The End