Part 1 : Chapter 5

I turn to look at the human to see the horror on his face. My lips turn up slightly. This blonde seems small and weak, but I know, from watching the humans, he's intelligent. He stutters, "W-why? D-do you want a-all of us to die? You're h-human too!"

I roll my eyes at his accusation. I take it back, he's not intelligent. I ignore his question and stand up. He backs away, but I grab him by his belt and lift him up like if he was a toddler. I raise him up until I'm eye-level with the thing around his waist. I ask, "What is this thing?"

He starts flailing around but my grip on him is tight. "Can you put me down?" he pleads.

"Will you answer some of my questions?" I asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"Yes!" he yells.

I was about to put him down when I saw something below the belt, it looks like it wants to poke out. I tilt my head in curiousness and poke it with my other hand. The human immediately makes a sound and I let him go in surprise. He falls against the truck with a thud and I ask blushing angrily, "What the hell was that?"

He covers it and his face is beet red. "It's nothing", he mutters embarrassed.

We stayed quiet for a minute and I was still hung up about what that was, but I'll let it go for now. I asked peeved, "Well? Are you going to tell me what that gray thing on you is?"

"Will you answer some of my questions?" he retorts.

I shrug my shoulders. "Sure why not?"

He sighs before answering, "It's called a Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear."

"What does it do?" I asked getting in a crouch to look at it better.

"The gear allows the user to fight in a 3D space as opposed to a 2D one", the human answers scientifically.

I look at him with a blank face and he says simply, "It helps us to fight Titans in the air instead of the ground."

A growl starts to mount up in my throat, but I stop, not wanting to scare the petite human. I asked strained, "What helps you go faster?"

"The gas powered mechanism. It looks like this." He turns around to show me a circular thing on the bottom of his back.

I get closer, but then I see the human's red face and stop. I shake my head mentally. "I'm being too trusting of this human. I shouldn't trust any humans", I thought frustrated. I ask sounding vex, "Why do you humans come into our territory?"

The human gets a surprised, yet sad look on his face and I tilt my head in confusion. He answers, "We want to stop the Titans. They're killing us to extinction."

I argued gruffly, "Not Titan's fault."

"What do you mean?" he asks confused.

"Stupid", I thought reprimanding myself.

I fake a smirk and taunted, "Secret."

The human looks suddenly defeated and I frown slightly. "This human is different, father. Are they all bad?" I thought pensively. I ask unexpectedly, "What is it like to be human?"

He stammers shocked, "W-what? W-where did t-that c-come from?"

I sigh disappointed and growl, "Answer the question."

He gets this peaceful look on his face which confuses me to no end. He answers, "There's really no answer to what's it like to be a human. I think being human is caring for others and being kind to each other. I think my way of caring for others is getting rid of the Titans and getting to live outside the walls. Eren is right... the outside is our birthright."