Part 2 : Chapter 9

A week later...

"Erwin, I'll come back today. Alright?" I thought bitterly.

"I already found you", a voice said.

I turn around to see Erwin land. I click my tongue and walk up to him. I breathe in his scent to find only his own. "He hasn't been with Penny yet", I thought in relief.

I shake my head at my thoughts and ask, "How?"

"I notice that the farther away we are from each other, the weaker the mind link, so I follow the direction where the mind link connection strengthens", Erwin answers.

I blink my eyes in surprise and praised, "Impressive."

"Let's go back. Armin and the others are worried about you", Erwin said in a professional tone.

I nod and as I was about to jump down, I'm suddenly get pulled into Erwin. I look up at him in shock and he has his usual blank face. He starts using his 3DMG and I hang onto him on instinct. I hate the way my heart is racing when I'm near him. "Ugh, I hate this", I thought angrily.

-

We both crash to the ground and we laugh happily. Erwin lets me go and I almost whine at that before growling at myself. He gives me a confused look and I wave him off. I look over at the building in dread and I ask, "Can't I stay in the woods?"

"No, we're going on an expedition. We're going to need your help with Marcus", he answered.

"That's why you came for me", I thought sadly. 

I sigh and said happily, "Let's go then."

-

"Little!" a voice yells and I turn to look at Armin.

He hugs me and I hug him back. He asks worriedly, "Why did you leave?"

"Just wanted to be alone. Don't worry about it", I answer nonchalantly, hugging him tighter.

We let go and Armin studies my face, not believing me. I smile and ruffle his hair. He sighs and calms down a little. Then suddenly I'm push onto the ground with Hanji straddling me. "Ow... Hanji what are you doing?" I asked in a pained tone.

She gets closer to my face and stares at me creepily. Then out of nowhere, she gets off of me and yells, "You're alive!"

I look at Armin for help, but he just smiles sheepishly at me. I turn back to Hanji as she looks me up and down. I said reassuringly, "I wasn't injured nor was I ill-fed."

She hums and lifts off the ground. "Let's find out", she proclaims.

~

"Master, please! Give me more time! I'll find Little!" I plead desperately.

"You know her scent, yet you can't find her. You have failed me and as punishment, you will go back to being a titan", the Beast Titan finalizes.

-

My bones start breaking on their own and I yell out in pain. The humans look at me in worry and fear. The human, Penny, cautiously walks closer to me. The tasty-looking human asks, "Are you okay?"

I begin chanting, "Kill humans. Every last one..."

I hear someone yell, "Get away from him!"

I look to see Little coming toward us. Everyone does what she says and I let out a roar. Little roars back at me. 

"You'll pay!" I yell angrily.

-

"You'll pay!" Marcus yelled angrily.

"Come at me!" I roared.

We charge at each other and I punch him across the face, making him fly. I turn to Penny and the others. I order, "Run!"

Then I turn to go after Marcus, he's back up and he's covering the distance between us. He goes to bite me but I grab his neck. Marcus breaks my wrist and I cry out, loosening my grip and giving him time to escape. He grabs my arm and throws me away. I grunt as I skid across the ground. He's way too strong, I need to lose myself into my Titan instincts if I want to win.

I'll be able to heal faster and meet his strength. "Eat him", my titan commands.

I sit up and let myself go, staring at Marcus. "He looks so good", I thought hungrily. Slowly I stand up and run at him with titan speed. I grab Marcus and tear off his arm. It starts growing back and I bite into his shoulder before tearing it off. Power blossoms through me and I feel my eyes burn brighter.

Marcus roar in pain and I look at him. We stare at each other and I feel something churning in my stomach. It fills me up from every strand of my hair to the very deep end of my soul. Marcus slowly starts choking on something and I feel like I'm drawing something from him. It's familiar, yet foreign.

On reflex, I roar and Marcus falls to his knees. He wheezes, "Thank you."

I feel something inside of me snap and soon I fall forward. Before I lose consciousness, I hear someone yell, "Little!"

Mom?

-