Part 1 : Chapter 9

I wake up to hear people yelling and bustling around in the halls. I groggily sit up and wipe my eyes. "What's going on?" I mumble sleepily.

Mikasa bursts into my room with Armin trailing behind her. She cries out in relief and rushes towards me, hugging me and patting me down to see if I'm alright. Armin says gratefully, "You're here."

I push Mikasa's hands away and said confused at their behavior, "Yeah, I'm here. What's going on?"

Levi appears in the doorway. I see that he's relieved that I'm here as his tense shoulders sag a little. Levi says seething, "Someone kidnapped Erwin. We can't find him anywhere. That idiot would've leave without telling anyone."

A murderous look passes over his face before it disappears. He orders, "Get dressed and go help look for Erwin."

Levi quickly leaves and Armin says wisely, "He's worried about Erwin. Levi doesn't want the King or anyone else to learn about Erwin's disappearance."

I said determinedly, "We'll find him, Armin. Don't worry about it."

~

I wake up to the sounds of numerous heavy footsteps. I sigh in relief and turn to look up at the blue sky? Igor asks, "Little is happy?"

I hum my answer and Buddy says, "Little not human. She run away from the humans."

My heart skips a beat. "I am human and a titan, but... where do I belong?" I mumble incoherently.

Pops yells, "Little come!"

I sit up from the tree branch I'm on and jump down, making my way to Pops. I ask apprehensively, "What's wrong?"

Pops has a Titan by the neck and he throws him to the ground. He orders, "Talk."

The Titan looks at me and says, "Message from your fa-"

"Don't call him that. He's not my father" , I snapped.

The rat face Titan nods in acknowledgement and continues, "From the Beast Titan, I have the Survey Corps Commander, baby girl. You remember Erwin, right? Come get him by sunset or he dies."

Fury burns inside of me and I unconsciously slit the Titan's nape. The Titan disintegrates and Pops says bluntly, "You are not going after him."

I stayed quiet as Pops walks away. I speak, "I have to save him."

Pops stops and turns away in shock. He argues furious, "No, your father wants you, not the human. I promised you that I would protect you. You won't go to save one stupid human."

"He's not my father. I don't care if his blood runs through my veins! I have to help Erwin. It's the least I can do" , I hiss viciously.

Pops yells, "They don't deserve it! They're weak, pathetic humans who depend on machines to save them!"

"Is that you talking or my father?" I asked coldly.

It got deathly quiet as Pops and I stare each other down. He declares, "If you leave to save the human, you can't come back. Ever."

He walks away as I stayed frozen in place. I fall to my knees and tears run down my cheeks. I can't believe he's making me choose between my family and Erwin. He doesn't understand how quickly the humans can give themselves to fear. If I don't save Erwin, then they don't have a chance.